Clown fish swimming weird

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish is swimming really weird near the intake and was wondering if it was a problem.

4A6C9C2C-0CDF-440C-A84A-77E1F31F9880.jpeg

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it in that position all the time? Is it eating? Does it look healthy? Other fish that might be bullying it?

Sometimes clowns are shy like that and will hang out in a corner. As long as it has the strength to swim away from the suction and is eating I wouldn’t worry too much

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it in that position all the time? Is it eating? Does it look healthy? Other fish that might be bullying it?

Sometimes clowns are shy like that and will hang out in a corner. As long as it has the strength to swim away from the suction and is eating I wouldn’t worry too much
I just took the top off and it swam away pretty fast, and it usually eats. There is only one other fish in the tank and it’s another gladiator clownfish

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you're moving a bit faster than recommended. I'd get the ammonia tested.

I highly recommend a Seachem Ammonia badge. Amazon for 7 or 8 bucks and they're good for a year. If your ammonia is high, fish tend to stay higher in the water.

While I do agree that clowns are weird, it's best to eliminate ammonia as a cause of the weirdness.

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you're moving a bit faster than recommended. I'd get the ammonia tested.

I highly recommend a Seachem Ammonia badge. Amazon for 7 or 8 bucks and they're good for a year. If your ammonia is high, fish tend to stay higher in the water.

While I do agree that clowns are weird, it's best to eliminate ammonia as a cause of the weirdness.
He seems to only be doing this at night when the lights are dim, and. Seems to be doing a lot better today. I’m going to get my ammonia tested later today, and I’m new to the hobby, and I’m going as fast as my lfs recommend

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back