Clown Goby Gang?

rja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever put more than one type of clown goby in a tank? I am looking for some tiny fish for my 75 gallon that have some character. Since there is all sorts of clown gobies, Orange, Yellow, Black, Green, Panda, etc. I am wondering if I can sort of “collect them all” in my 75 that currently has 2 clowns, a tomini, melanurus, and chalk bass.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My green and black one perch together in the same coral.

I can't resist, I'm going to add a yellow one. But orange and panda one's??? I've never seen it, but now I need it.

1691509103868.png

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept all the different colors. But then one day all that cuteness we see break out into lust between the Gobies. They glance across the tank, see each others tiny silhouette and the passion begins.

Once 2 Clown Gobies pair up and think they are good match the next thing they do is go into the center of your favorite acro colony and start peeling the skin out of the middle of the colony to make a nice clean spot to lay eggs.

It happens with 2 of the same color, and 2 of different colors (they aren't racist :) )

Even in my 750g I only keep one yellow clown - he's cute, but he's due for a life without pro-creation.

Dave B

firehawk922

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do they act when pairing or courting. I have two citron gobys and they keep swirling but little nips. Been going for days.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back