Clown took a Jump

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was moving things around the tank, messing with a skimmer, and hob refugium. Shined my flashlight to back left of the tank and saw one of my clownfish had jumped. I’ve had him for 3-4 years and he had never jumped before. I don’t know how long he was there before I got him back into tank. I first put him in refugium until he started swimming. Back In the tank he was very erratic swimming all over the tank.

This morning he seemed a little dazed but swimming.(not in his normal spots) , I get hone this afternoon he is swimming at the bottom and my Cleaner shrimp was on him, Figured he was do a cleanse, then I noticed it looks like clowns tail might be getting picked at.
Is there any chance of this Clown making it or do I need to pull him. I’ve got a QT I can put him but don’t want to make him suffer a slow death.
Tank You
BD

06E9AE91-6B0F-4168-BF2C-9416DC22A976.jpeg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put him in a breeder box or something. Cleaner shrimp can harass weak fish.

A methylene blue bath wouldn’t hurt.

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is swimming sideways the laying on LR the ge will just start swimming like crazy. Tail backside of him is pale and kinda turning white. Not sure if he will be able to rebound...☹️

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not consider him a goner just yet. Personally I'd move him to another tank - fresh saltwater, some sort of house or something he can chill in, and just leave him be. Might be a complete goner, or he might be able to somehow fight for his life. Clean water and as little stress as possible helps if there's any chance at all. Feeding not necessary either for a few days, he probably won't eat anyways.

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the time I could get to him he had swam to the back behind LR and the CUC must of gotten a phone call. Bumble bee snails, hermits, other snails, and shrimp were either on top of him or checking him out. I got him out after a little rearranging and did a quick burial in the backyard in the rain...Now I’m worried about my other clown since they have been together since the beginning

Back