Clown with ick

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone got a ocellaries clown 3 days in qt now showing signs of ick. I have a red sea copper test kit that came with paracure. However it doesnt say hiw to dose the copper? Anyone have any experience with this product. I have a 20 gallon tank.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone got a ocellaries clown 3 days in qt now showing signs of ick. I have a red sea copper test kit that came with paracure. However it doesnt say hiw to dose the copper? Anyone have any experience with this product. I have a 20 gallon tank.
Are you sure it's ich? Clowns rarely show signs of ich. It's normally early Brook.

Can you upload pics?

What product is in question and who makes it?

OP
OP
N

N2theUnknown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it's ich? Clowns rarely show signs of ich. It's normally early Brook.

Can you upload pics?

What product is in question and who makes it?
Unfourtantly i can not get a picture but as I was trying to get him moved to another spot in the tank. I am now thinking it is brook there is some mucus on him that wasnt there but an hour or so ago.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfourtantly i can not get a picture but as I was trying to get him moved to another spot in the tank. I am now thinking it is brook there is some mucus on him that wasnt there but an hour or so ago.
Do you have Metroplex on hand?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater dips can buy you some time. And it some cases, freshwater dips, followed by the fish being moved into a clean, uninfected tank have achieved elimination of Brook. Kinda like using TTM on Ich. Lots of work though.
Perferred method is acriflavine baths (one or two, usually two are necessary) and then moving the fish immediately following the bath into a clean, uninfected tank. Ruby Reef Rally is the easiest and most accessible acriflavine product. Like it as it contains both antibiotic and antiseptic qualities which help reduce secondary bacterial infections.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater dips can buy you some time. And it some cases, freshwater dips, followed by the fish being moved into a clean, uninfected tank have achieved elimination of Brook. Kinda like using TTM on Ich. Lots of work though.
Perferred method is acriflavine baths (one or two, usually two are necessary) and then moving the fish immediately following the bath into a clean, uninfected tank. Ruby Reef Rally is the easiest and most accessible acriflavine product. Like it as it contains both antibiotic and antiseptic qualities which help reduce secondary bacterial infections.
Agree.

One way to ID brook on a clown over velvet or ich is how the small spots seem to cluster toward the top of the fish, often just in front of or behind the dorsal fin.

Photos would be immensely helpful for ID, as mentioned.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back