Clownfish Aggressive Towards Mate

jrizk

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
corona
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I recently set up a new tank and added two blackice clownfish. They were friendly with each other at first and now recently the one primarily white clownfish keeps attacking the other. They both twitch at each other here and there but the aggression hasn’t stopped. No damage has occurred but the stress is real.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is this normal? Will they get over this or should I just quarantine the aggressor until I can get rid of it?

Video of the clownfish being aggressive.


Thanks!
 
They're both similarly sized, so the aggression may continue for a while. Generally, if adding a second clown, you'll want something noticeably larger or smaller than the other. I wouldn't worry about it for now--let them figure it out. If the aggression continues, consider rehoming one and introducing another clown that is significantly smaller or larger.
 
They both seem kinda big. Hopefully they both aren't females. If that's the case they won't stop till 1's dead.

The big question is how long have they been in there for? 1 or 2 days? This might be normal, albeit more aggressive. More then a week? I'd plan to remove 1 and add a much smaller male.
 
They both seem kinda big. Hopefully they both aren't females. If that's the case they won't stop till 1's dead.

The big question is how long have they been in there for? 1 or 2 days? This might be normal, albeit more aggressive. More then a week? I'd plan to remove 1 and add a much smaller male.
The more white clownfish is the only aggressor. The other clownfish just submits or runs away. They twitch at each other though. They have been in the same tank for a week now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new