CLOWNFISH APPRECIATION THREAD!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets take a minute to recognize some of the most iconic saltwater fish in the hobby, the Clownfish.

Now in today's hobby there is so many different "strains" of these clowns it is wild.. there are midnight clowns, longfin clowns, storm clowns, the list goes on! Lets show off and show some appreciation to the clownfish of our tanks and tanks of past. I know locally here in the Seattle area at one of the LFS there is a pair that is almost 30 years old! My first ever fish was a regular Ocellaris, but that fish was with me for a very, very long time!

Currently in my tank I have a beautiful pair of Spotcinctus Clownfish, I have never in my reefing hobby kept these so with the revamp of my lagoon I decided why not give them a shot! I am so happy I did so, and really loving how they are growing out and looking!

Of course... enough with the chit chat! Lets see those clownfish and lets hear their story! Even the your favorite clowns in past tanks! I want to see them and hear about em!

IMG_1245.JPG

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untitled.png

This was Piggybear, named by my wife. Our favourite fish ever. It was absolutely beautiful and full of personality. I regret ever listening to fellow aquarists' advice to not keep a lid on the tank, and one day woke up to find it on the floor. Ever since I always take everyone's advice with a grain of salt. Rip Piggybear T_T

20210228_234641.jpg

Here is Orange (the cinnamon) and Nemo (the occy). These are our current fish. Also named by my wife. I wanted to get a designer clown but she loves the standard occy pattern, so I got Nemo. Orange was just because more than occys, I really love clowns of the tomato complex. Never had a cinnamon before and was gonna go for a tomato or fire, but of the options I could see, a cinnamon was the best option so here we are.

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you guys can recommend a pellet food that my clown will eat? He won't eat hikari nor Ocean Nutrition formula one. I feed frozen but he's $hip out of luck if I go on Vacay

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you guys can recommend a pellet food that my clown will eat? He won't eat hikari nor Ocean Nutrition formula one. I feed frozen but he's $hip out of luck if I go on Vacay
Try TDO pellets by @ReefNutrition

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Untitled.png

This was Piggybear, named by my wife. Our favourite fish ever. It was absolutely beautiful and full of personality. I regret ever listening to fellow aquarists' advice to not keep a lid on the tank, and one day woke up to find it on the floor. Ever since I always take everyone's advice with a grain of salt. Rip Piggybear T_T

20210228_234641.jpg

Here is Orange (the cinnamon) and Nemo (the occy). These are our current fish. Also named by my wife. I wanted to get a designer clown but she loves the standard occy pattern, so I got Nemo. Orange was just because more than occys, I really love clowns of the tomato complex. Never had a cinnamon before and was gonna go for a tomato or fire, but of the options I could see, a cinnamon was the best option so here we are.
Swim in Peace Piggybear!

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you tried feeding your clown pellets? Not all clowns like it at first, but they can learn to accept it if you feed them nothing but pellets.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just feed pellets mixed into your frozen food, they just get used to the pellets and also start eating them. This also worked for my leopard wrasse to start eating pellets

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you tried feeding your clown pellets? Not all clowns like it at first, but they can learn to accept it if you feed them nothing but pellets.
He started getting thinner when I was only feeding pellets. He wouldn't even look at them for about a week. I just gave in. He outlasted me. Lol

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He started getting thinner when I was only feeding pellets. He wouldn't even look at them for about a week. I just gave in. He outlasted me. Lol
Ah, yeah a week's about the limit. Fair enough then. I don't really have a recommendation then, sorry. I have always just forced my fish to eat pellets by letting them starve if they don't eat pellets.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first pair that went to another reef keeper due to them thinking the 210g was only for them. She was nasty, but I loved them. She jumped out of the tank at me multiple times. Landed behind the couch cushions once. Crazy fish.

This pair of blackfoots were lost 2 years ago (the picture is like 5 years old). They were beautiful and great spawners.

I love my current Clarkiis. The picture is almost 7 months old of the female. She is much larger and darker. No good pictures of the male. Still young as I lost all my fish 2 years ago.

DSC_0440.JPG DSC_3003.JPG female clarki.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back