Clownfish breeding attempt.

Did a water change today and took some pictures!
IMG_2960.jpg IMG_2959.jpg IMG_2961.jpg IMG_2962.jpg
 
I’ve been hoping my clownfish would breed ever since you started this thread... no luck. I don’t know why! I’ve got the phytoplankton and rotifers cultures going for if it ever happens.
Mine started breeding after a year and a half of having them in the same tank together. I introduced the snowflake clown after the Darwin had the tank to himself for a few months (not sure exactly what sparked them to start).

I have a feeling the anemone had a lot to do with them being conformable enough to start clearing out nest sites near it.
 
Thanks for the updates! They're so cute!
 
Hi! Maybe you can help: I have only one tiny clownfish left after the hatching night.

Its the 15th day, the little one swims normally but only in the bottom of the tank since a few days ago. He is already showing the white stripes however somehow looks like he has not the fins?? Could it be possible?

Thanks a lot!
 
Hi! Maybe you can help: I have only one tiny clownfish left after the hatching night.

Its the 15th day, the little one swims normally but only in the bottom of the tank since a few days ago. He is already showing the white stripes however somehow looks like he has not the fins?? Could it be possible?

Thanks a lot!


The little fish seems to be very healthy however still moving only on the bottom with only sometimes going up for a couple of seconds...
Anywaone has any idea if this is normal?

I’m feeding only brine shrimps now
Thanks a lot!
 
Beautiful! Very cute too! Do you ship ;) ? Maybe set up a big clown harem for them!
 
Amazing job! The colour patterns are different on all of them, they're all unique! :) What will you do with all of them?
 
I've had the 4" female (Darwin?-and was wild caught) for 6 years, and the (Snowflake?) for 5+ years now. Curious to see the babies' colors, will it be "Black Ice"?

In theory, they would be Black Snowflakes, but all this naming is subjective/relative. Ultimately, they're all just Ocellaris.
 
whoa they are so cute
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new