OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good write-up very simmilar to the one I did a while back. I wish we could get some food culture threads as stickies so that they could be simply access for people.

I agree, it’s a pretty simple process, but it was definitely something I had a lot of questions about when getting started. I have another update coming on the Rotifers that I will do either tonight or this weekend.

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I am looking for a few breeding pairs (proven w/pics/videos)
Also, I use fertility frenzy and my clutches have gone from nickel size to half dollar size. It is a bit pricey but it is well worth the investment. Premium Aquatics sells a flat for $22. Shipping is a little high but if you purchase more the shipping kind of evens out.

Proven breeding pairs tend to be a bit difficult to find. Especially for a decent price. Most that I have seen or was quoted range in the $4-600.00. Depending on age and rarity. Good luck finding a few pairs! I got really lucky and found 4 spawning pairs and 3 bonded pairs locally.

As for foods, I am going to do another post here in regards to my foods. One of the types of food I use is the LRS Fertility Frenzy and my clowns absolutely love it!

dvdarvas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your journey with us! My current pair of clowns just laid their 4th clutch in my display tank. The clowns love LRS Fertility Frenzy, they go nuts every time I feed it to them.

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing your journey with us! My current pair of clowns just laid their 4th clutch in my display tank. The clowns love LRS Fertility Frenzy, they go nuts every time I feed it to them.

That’s awesome! It’s kinda funny, you see a distinct difference when you feed pellets compared to Fertility Frenzy!

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...summer is here, and life always seems to get busier once the kids are out of school! Excuses, excuses! :p

Time for some more posts and updates!

Clowns are doing great, and babies are growing fast! Wanted to do a quick post about the foods I feed currently to the Pairs and Babies.

The three main varieties I use are:
LRS Fertility Frenzy
Reef Nutrition TDO Chroma BoostPellets
Rod’s Reef Seaweed Blend

EACAC6F8-9954-4FF5-B578-7E24CB841896.jpeg

The Fertility Frenzy is fed every other day. The Clowns absolutely love this food!
DBC7EA5B-FFB9-4C73-B0F2-410F0E898CB2.jpeg

The Reef Nutrition TDO pellets is feed everyday.
216F5344-C45A-4F01-AE16-128FF44AB7DB.jpeg

Lastly, I feed the Clowns Rod’s Reef Seaweed Blend every other day with the Fertility Frenzy.
97C0ADAA-9CCE-4316-BED6-7BAD7F2A5812.jpeg

I also will periodically feed the clowns mysis and brine shrimp as well to vary their diet.

Let me know what you feed your clowns, and whether or not you’ve seen their egg count increase!

24D8ACCB-D464-45DB-AF12-931E5FB366F7.jpeg

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made some improvements on my grow out set up. I was using shelving that was way to weak to support the weight of multiple tanks.

Finally got around to constructing the Cambro Premium Camshelving. The unit’s specs:

Overall Dimensions

Length: 30"
Width: 18"
Height: 84"
Capacity (per shelf): 800 lb.

This is a stock picture, which is obviously a different size. The unit itself is very heavy duty and comes with adjustable feet. As long as you weight is supported by the front and rear brace, it says that it should be able to hold 800lbs!

8A60752A-41B6-41DF-B80A-14D17D1F6D94.jpeg

The Cambro Camshelving 30” fits three 10 gallon tanks perfectly! I also installed “under-countertop LED lights above each holding tank. After cleaning up all the wiring, cables and air tubing, I am loving the amount of clearance I will have to work in and clean the grow out tanks!
D7A92723-511D-4122-A9CE-B192962B6D3D.jpeg

I will be placing a total of nine 10 gallon tanks on this shelving for grow out!
7AE6B1DA-0FC1-4FFE-96F9-EBD10EB5EA9D.jpeg

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bonded pairs of clowns that are not yet egg layers are getting a new home. Their current tank is a simple makeshift tank with glass dividers. There new tank is a rimless glass tank with black acrylic dividers which should help with their constant aggression towards their neighbors! ;Muted;Blackeye;)

Here are three of my up and coming breeding pairs prior to their new home:

Premium Snowflakes

Darwin’s Black(F) and Darwin’s Black Misbar(M)

Extreme Black Bullet Holes

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back