OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOB overflow and smaller return pump have been ordered. So far I haven't had any lights over them, just ambient light from my office window. I have a finnex 24/7 planted plus from a fw planted tank I took down. Would that be just fine for them? Or should I order an orbit marine fixture?

Thanks for the continued advice!

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as they can see, it's fine. Never fancy needed.
Sounds good, I just wasn't sure if the different spectrums would matter. I think the planted light was warmer looking that typical marine leds. I'll put it on today and see how they like it!

WesleyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have all the breeding tanks in my garage. The growout tank and the parents tank only get the old style fluorescent light on the ceiling. The larve tanks got their own very dim 4W light for the first few days for them to see the food around the clock, and have their surrounding all blocked off from any other light source.

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow will be upgrade day. I finally received in the mail

SCA 65g Skimmer
CPR CS50 hob overflow w/aqualifter
Sicce 1.5 return pump
Filter socks for sump

I want to paint the back of the tank. I was going to go black, but now I feel that I may not like that since the fish are black. I'm wondering about a darker blue? Any thoughts? Maybe a color I hadn't thought of...

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8332.JPG

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waves! First coat of dark blue is fairly transparent so I added waves with paint brush. I kind of like it!
IMG_8348.JPG

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really nice looking, I was going to suggest a lighter blue to make the fish pop a little more but this is much more creative. :)

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of this effort, and now I am having second thoughts on the project ;Sorry I think I would rather work on a display build that I see everyday. I have reluctantly listed these for sale https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/black-leopard-clownfish.339837/
If anyone is within reasonable distance and interested. Although I may be stuck with them, as they are expensive fish ;)

OP
OP
Dsnakes

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you sell? Did they breed?
One pair is sold, neither pair has laid yet. They are healthy little pigs though. I suppose I'll keep the other pair and put in my frag tank if I still have after I finish it.

Back