Clownfish compatibility question

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I'm back after a long absence from R2R. I have a question for clownfish experts. I have a mated pair of Chocolate Mocha Longfin Roundtail Ocellaris in one small tank and a pair of orange skunk clowns in another small one. I'd like to get rid of one tank and combine these two pairs in a bigger 40 gallon tank. I had a terrible experience trying to have my two Mochas share a tank with two garden variety orange clowns (Amphiprion ocellaris) in my big tank (300G)---the latter both tried to kill the mochas and I barely got them out of there alive. Does have experience mixing skunks with ocellaris? My skunks are defnitely anemone lovers, but my mochas couldn't care less about anemones. (Note, my other two ocellaris also don't pay attention to anemones.). I'm thinking that because the skunks look significantly different than the mochas that it hopefully won't be a problem. However, I don't even want to try it if it'll become a death match. Thanks for your advice!

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you use egg crate to split the tank in half until the settle?

OP
OP
BostonReefer300

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good idea thanks! I could try that, but I'm worried that they'll spend the isolation time plotting horrible ways to kill each other once the barrier is removed! However, I REALLY want to get rid of the two separate tanks because of the double maintenance chores

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back