Clownfish fins frayed?

Reeferem

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
44
Reaction score
25
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, don’t know if this is anything I should be worried about but my clowns fins seem a little frayed. It’s just the coloured part, the edges of the fin do not look nipped or damaged... My other clown has none of this. Anyone know what might be causing it? Water parameters normal. Have a mandarin and another clown and some hermit crabs. I did also put in a nnew bubble tip anemone 1 week ago but the clowns ignore it. Is this some kind of fin rot? Thanks.
Sorry pics aren’t great I will try get some better ones

5CD5ACD2-CB2D-49A9-B178-FBC4C251025F.jpeg 5DE55F63-9EE3-4C50-A4E1-8BB490F07E59.jpeg A3BAD6ED-D282-4BF2-85D7-4C11B2F67ABD.jpeg
 
How long have you had the clowns and would it happen to be the smaller of the two? Possibly a little nipping going on. Determining dominance.
 
I’ve had them about 3 months and yes he is the smaller one.
Sounds like normal clown fish behavior establishing dominance. I didn't see anything in the pics that stood out. Maybe someone else will chime in if they spot something out of the norm.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new