Clownfish Gill Red

CoralsAddiction

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Messages
580
Reaction score
538
Location
Los Angeles/Tahoe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I received a pair of wild caught clowns. One of them came with a pretty significant sore on a gill.
Does anyone have any recommendations for treatment in addition to clean water and low stress?
thanks
D63FF58A-5B8E-4AE1-AE6F-8F8446701F80.jpeg
 
Hi,
I received a pair of wild caught clowns. One of them came with a pretty significant sore on a gill.
Does anyone have any recommendations for treatment in addition to clean water and low stress?
thanks
D63FF58A-5B8E-4AE1-AE6F-8F8446701F80.jpeg
Looks like an injury that has developed bacterial issue
Maracyn 2 or seachem neoplex would be best treatment otherwise ruby rally pro in a quarantine setting
Assure there is no aggressors inflicting further damage
 
Looks like an injury that has developed bacterial issue
Maracyn 2 or seachem neoplex would be best treatment otherwise ruby rally pro in a quarantine setting
Assure there is no aggressors inflicting further damage
Thanks
I have Cipro on hand. I might just use that.
I am also suspecting brooklynella based on fishes clamped fins and overall moderately lethargic behavior.
 
Thanks
I have Cipro on hand. I might just use that.
I am also suspecting brooklynella based on fishes clamped fins and overall moderately lethargic behavior.
Cipto will not do much if anything for it
 
Thanks
I have Cipro on hand. I might just use that.
I am also suspecting brooklynella based on fishes clamped fins and overall moderately lethargic behavior.

The fish could also have Brooklynella, but the lesion itself looks more bacterial.

Wild caught ocellaris/percula so often develop Brooklynella, I pretty much stopped acquiring them.

Cipro is a quinolone I think. I'm more used to using Enrofloxacin (an analog), I don't have a dose handy for Cipro.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new