Clownfish going in anemone only sometimes.

William Spak

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2019
Messages
303
Reaction score
123
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I observed this morning, as my anemone was in the middle of opening up, that my clownfish was burrowed inside, which gave me great joy as I've been hoping they'd go in. However, as the anemone expanded, and the tentacles spread out, the clownfish now are not going in the anemone. I kinda like it better when the tentacles are closer together but I'm not sure I can change that.

I feel like my nem is very spread out most of the time- is this good?

I've attached some pictures to those of you who are curious as to what it looks like(it's pretty nice!!)

Thanks,
Will

image0.jpeg image1.jpeg
 
Well do you stay in the same place all the time?
Clown fish goninto anemones for protection so if there’s nothing else on your tank he has no reason to hide
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new