Clownfish Harem, with issues

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly turning my tank into a an anemone tank.... With that said, I’m pretty good with adding anemones without fear of issues, but my problem is I have 2 clowns.

I got a frostbite (I think? sold as a flurry which it is not). Actually got a pair, and moved them to my my RSR Max Nano and one jumped because Snow White apparently picked on Walter White, and he decided suicide was the best option.

Fast Forward to a year and a half later, and I finally added a midnight black that is smaller than Snow White, and they both chill in the same anemone and have been very peaceful for the week I’ve had the midnight.

Kinda screwed myself on adding a Harem by getting the second one, but I’m curious if anyone thinks it’s possible to add 14-16 or so more small clowns, ocellaris of course.

Tank is 8’ long so they can probably stay away from each other until they get bigger, or will my clown momma hunt and kill them all?

Is there a chance of this working?

OP
OP
J

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I only have one tank running, so moving out the two existing isn’t an option (aside from trading in to store, but my daughter is fond of Snow)

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd be willing to bet the female would hunt down and kill all of the small ones...I say that from experience. Every time I have tried to add more with a pair, the females always try to kill off the new ones.

You might want to check out BRS' clownfish harem videos to see how they successfully put a harem together and were able to maintain them long term.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the existing pair will just kill off a lot of the new additions. Best to get rid of your pair now and then get the new clutch

Back