Clownfish hosted by elegance coral

Nathan Fx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

So one day, I came back home and was so happy to see my two clownfish hosted by the elegance coral. I have them for 9 month and they use to host the dang silicone joint since day one.
Well they look so happy in the elegance but they are clearly full of sting spot..
The female bite the coral's tentacules and have a big white face, but the coral look fine. I dont know what to do, they are eating, look happy, but really ugly.
I dont consider adding an anemone because the last one I had got chopped up by the powerhead.

Any advice? Should I just wait?

Thank you all

MVIMG_20191015_163747.jpg MVIMG_20191015_164157.jpg

Orectolobidae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im unsure what you mean by waiting but if the elegance coral and the clownfish are both fine then its best to just leave things as it is. Also I never heard of clownfish hosting a silicone joint before

Btw this is my first ever reply :cool:

RunBikeSwim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relax and enjoy the symbiotic relationship. When I first introduce my clownfish to the tank, it dove head first into a mini-maxi carpet, bad move. After it got freed, it looked like a fuzz ball for several days. By the end of the week, it was back to normal and decided to park itself in a Toadstool leather (Even with a large GBTA nearby). Clownfish aren‘t the smartest but they are quite resilient.

OP
OP
N

Nathan Fx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relax and enjoy the symbiotic relationship. When I first introduce my clownfish to the tank, it dove head first into a mini-maxi carpet, bad move. After it got freed, it looked like a fuzz ball for several days. By the end of the week, it was back to normal and decided to park itself in a Toadstool leather (Even with a large GBTA nearby). Clownfish aren the smartest but they are quite resilient.
thank you :)

Back