Clownfish hosted by elegance coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nathan Fx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nathan Fx

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2019
Messages
31
Reaction score
28
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

So one day, I came back home and was so happy to see my two clownfish hosted by the elegance coral. I have them for 9 month and they use to host the dang silicone joint since day one.
Well they look so happy in the elegance but they are clearly full of sting spot..
The female bite the coral's tentacules and have a big white face, but the coral look fine. I dont know what to do, they are eating, look happy, but really ugly.
I dont consider adding an anemone because the last one I had got chopped up by the powerhead.

Any advice? Should I just wait?

Thank you all

MVIMG_20191015_163747.jpg MVIMG_20191015_164157.jpg
 
Im unsure what you mean by waiting but if the elegance coral and the clownfish are both fine then its best to just leave things as it is. Also I never heard of clownfish hosting a silicone joint before

Btw this is my first ever reply :cool:
 
Relax and enjoy the symbiotic relationship. When I first introduce my clownfish to the tank, it dove head first into a mini-maxi carpet, bad move. After it got freed, it looked like a fuzz ball for several days. By the end of the week, it was back to normal and decided to park itself in a Toadstool leather (Even with a large GBTA nearby). Clownfish aren‘t the smartest but they are quite resilient.
 
Relax and enjoy the symbiotic relationship. When I first introduce my clownfish to the tank, it dove head first into a mini-maxi carpet, bad move. After it got freed, it looked like a fuzz ball for several days. By the end of the week, it was back to normal and decided to park itself in a Toadstool leather (Even with a large GBTA nearby). Clownfish aren the smartest but they are quite resilient.
thank you :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new