Clownfish in Bad Shape

reeferpdx415

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2025
Messages
80
Reaction score
15
Location
Portland
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on what happened? Was gone a few days and came home to my clownfish in bad shape. Has never had aggression issues with other fish so a bit concerned with what I’m seeing. Throat looks like there’s almost a bite out of it and he’s breathing very rapidly.
 
Any suggestions on what happened? Was gone a few days and came home to my clownfish in bad shape. Has never had aggression issues with other fish so a bit concerned with what I’m seeing. Throat looks like there’s almost a bite out of it and he’s breathing very rapidly.
Please repost using bright white lighting , no blue and preliminarily fish appears to have a pinched head and a little thin which may be an internal issue but again , need to see fish more clearly
 
 
Any suggestions on what happened? Was gone a few days and came home to my clownfish in bad shape. Has never had aggression issues with other fish so a bit concerned with what I’m seeing. Throat looks like there’s almost a bite out of it and he’s breathing very rapidly.
Please repost using bright white lighting , no blue and preliminarily fish appears to have a pinched head and a little thin which may be an internal issue but again , need to see fish more clearly
This work? Thank you!
 
In this video I see rectal prolapse which is an infection and treatment suggested is feeding of brine shrimp and use of Seachem Kanaplex for at least 10-14 days
 
In this video I see rectal prolapse which is an infection and treatment suggested is feeding of brine shrimp and use of Seachem Kanaplex for at least 10-14 days
Wow, OK thank you. Do I just put the sea cam in the water with the rest of all the livestock or do I need to pull him out into a quarantine tank situation. I have brine shrimp already so should be good there.
 

I can’t see really clearly, but the lesion seems to be in the belly, in front of the cloaca/rectum. If so, then it isn’t a prolapse…..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new