Clownfish laying on sand bed?

Ezra Blue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I posted a thread a week ago asking about my female clownfish and a white bulge coming out of her. A medicated her and the bundle has healed but now she won’t leave the sand bed . I wasn’t worried at first because she would swim but return to the same spot, but today I did a water change and she is laying on her side breathing heavily and won’t eat? What do I do? Put her in the tank with her male friend, or let her be? Please help! Thank you!
13E6CE0C-C02D-48F4-8E02-C96D76B2089E.jpeg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I posted a thread a week ago asking about my female clownfish and a white bulge coming out of her. A medicated her and the bundle has healed but now she won’t leave the sand bed . I wasn’t worried at first because she would swim but return to the same spot, but today I did a water change and she is laying on her side breathing heavily and won’t eat? What do I do? Put her in the tank with her male friend, or let her be? Please help! Thank you!
13E6CE0C-C02D-48F4-8E02-C96D76B2089E.jpeg
Not looking good. Unfortunately, don’t think she’s gonna make it.

OP
OP
E

Ezra Blue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking good. Unfortunately, don’t think she’s gonna make it.
Do you have any idea what it could be? The water conditions are perfect, I just did a water change, there is a good flow and oxygen pump, and multiple types of food! Is she lonely from being away from her mate?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any idea what it could be? The water conditions are perfect, I just did a water change, there is a good flow and oxygen pump, and multiple types of food! Is she lonely from being away from her mate?
No think it’s disease not emotional separation. Hard to tell from pic but sounds like either Brook or Velvet.

OP
OP
E

Ezra Blue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No think it’s disease not emotional separation. Hard to tell from pic but sounds like either Brook or Velvet.
Would that have killed her in hours? she’s been like this for days and just recovered from something else?

OP
OP
E

Ezra Blue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She passed away this morning :(, is there any chance the other clown has it to.She’s been in quarintine for two weeks, and the male(now female) hasn’t shown any signs? Thanks.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She passed away this morning :(, is there any chance the other clown has it to.She’s been in quarintine for two weeks, and the male(now female) hasn’t shown any signs? Thanks.
Possibly. Send some pics so we can have a look and suggest options.

OP
OP
E

Ezra Blue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they were with each other for along time but have been separate for a week. Is that enough time? Her lesions got bad when she was still in the tank with him then I took her out.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 157 75.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back