clownfish lost appetite after moving

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this large fat maroon clown for over 6 years and recently moved her and 8 BTA's into my large setup which already had a small male maroon and his one BTA. Luckily , things couldn't have gone better as she accepted him right away. She did get her mouth caught in the net or maybe was biting it, not sure. I've seen her eat two small pieces since moving her three days ago, but she doesn't have the same appetite as before she got moved. She seems interested in the food and swims to it but won't eat it. Trying to figure out if she has been injured or if this is behavior related to moving and or pairing? I can't see any obvious injury and she has always been an aggressive eater.

OP
OP
J

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump.. going on day 5. She moved a massive amount of gravel today. Eats food and spits out . Very energetic and a little aggressive with my tang. Was not in with any new fish for 3 years so doubtful of internal parasites.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Brine shrimp with garlic, great enticer
Did you acclimate fish to new tank as uif were newly purchased?

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I swear I just read some studies about how garlic actually may not be as beneficial to the fish like we used to believe and shouldn't be used now.. I think it was on LRS fish food site..but I cant remember now.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I swear I just read some studies about how garlic actually may not be as beneficial to the fish like we used to believe and shouldn't be used now.. I think it was on LRS fish food site..but I cant remember now.
The garlic argument was based on belief that it cures diseases. It does boost immune system of fish and entices feeding

OP
OP
J

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fish was acclimated even though salinity and temp were same between tanks. Clown Gramma and 8 nems all Acclimated together. Only clown having problems. Soaked Food in garlic last night will try That this evening. Wouldn't touch live black wroms either last night. Have never fed her those but had some for a new copperband in qt. Ironically the new copperband eats like a champ. Sure wouldn't have guessed my established clown would have been the problem.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back