Clownfish night fighting

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mated pair of onyx percula clowns and the female will not stop beating on the Male. They do not fight during the day at all but when the lights go out they both try and cram into the same corner of the tank to sleep. This causes the female to get mad and nip at him trying to get him to move out of the corner. The tank is heavily covered by live rock so there are plenty of places to hide but they both decide to cram into the corner where to auto top off is. I fear the female will kill the Male because his find are badly damaged and again the biting only happens during lights out not during the day. What can I do to stop this?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a mated pair of onyx percula clowns and the female will not stop beating on the Male. They do not fight during the day at all but when the lights go out they both try and cram into the same corner of the tank to sleep. This causes the female to get mad and nip at him trying to get him to move out of the corner. The tank is heavily covered by live rock so there are plenty of places to hide but they both decide to cram into the corner where to auto top off is. I fear the female will kill the Male because his find are badly damaged and again the biting only happens during lights out not during the day. What can I do to stop this?

Try a flower pot which they often make home

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back