Clownfish not able to Eat!

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its a sort of emergency right now, but it could become much worse.
You may have seen some of my other threads, about how my clowns are starting to spend a lot of time in my torch coral, and are rubbing against it and sticking tentacles in their mouths to gain immunity to the sting.
I know it is common for their mouths to be open (get stuck open basically) when they are rubbing against it, but now im starting to get worried.
I usually feed relatively small amounts twice a day, but yesterday I was only able to feed once, in the morning. I just tried to feed again a few minutes ago, this time frozen mysis, and they seemed to have little interest, and didnt eat any. Its been over 24hours since they eaten, should I be worried #reefsquad ? SHould I seperate them from the coral so that they can heal? Please tell me what you think, advice will be very helpful :) Thanks

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not reef squad but have had clownfish for fifteen years and have never had any die. Clowns definitely don’t need to eat daily mine still spawn without eating for a week while on vacations no automatic feeder. As for the coral they need to build up their slime coat this is perfectly normal they do this with anemones as well. If their breathing increases that’s when you start to worry.

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not reef squad but have had clownfish for fifteen years and have never had any die. Clowns definitely don’t need to eat daily mine still spawn without eating for a week while on vacations no automatic feeder. As for the coral they need to build up their slime coat this is perfectly normal they do this with anemones as well. If their breathing increases that’s when you start to worry.
And for the breathing i should be watching the gills right? because their mouths arent exaclty moving that much. just slightly, slowly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back