Clownfish probably a goner ???

Desperado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really think I’m at the 2 week mark of female clownfish not eating. ☹️

she’s still swimming around close to anemone. 4 days ago I dosed DT with prazipro. I have a 220 gal tank. All other fish and corals are doing great.
Took water sample to fish store yesterday and all parameters look good.
I’m sure it’s parasites that’s gonna take out my female clown.
2 days ago I noticed stringy poop or something coming out. This was 2
Days after dosing prazipro. You can see she’s swimming around but still no interest in food ☹️

fingers crossed

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    23.3 MB
OP
OP
Desperado

Desperado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5FBEDE33-4484-4D53-B75B-852159242B4A.jpeg
728A73BC-12B7-4C79-AD7F-A77A131E6240.jpeg
5FBEDE33-4484-4D53-B75B-852159242B4A.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the other clown acting normal and feeding well?
Jay

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,do i see some thing on face near mouth,sorry cannot see video

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like it has a pimple like object on its cheek which may be contributing to him not eating. Looks like a cyst of some sort. Can you take a couple of more pics of the left side of the clown's face ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the fins and the not eating are both symptoms of a systemic issue. I see the same general degradation around the head that the others noted. This could very well be a development issue; age related perhaps, or something with being captive bred (my Darwin clown is pretty flaky in regards to going off feed, having issues, etc.).

The stringy poop is likely just mucus, from not having eaten.

Unless you could get it into a QT and dose with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic, I can't think of anything else to try.

Jay

OP
OP
Desperado

Desperado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the fins and the not eating are both symptoms of a systemic issue. I see the same general degradation around the head that the others noted. This could very well be a development issue; age related perhaps, or something with being captive bred (my Darwin clown is pretty flaky in regards to going off feed, having issues, etc.).

The stringy poop is likely just mucus, from not having eaten.

Unless you could get it into a QT and dose with a broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic, I can't think of anything else to try.

Jay
Yeah. Just upset. My last pair of clowns lived 15 years. Got them both as juveniles and the male died and the female passed away a week later. Coincidence?

i picked up this clown from my LFS from someone who had turned in mated pair. This clown was a male when I got him and after a few months he was obviously bigger and had transformed to female. I was told he was 4 at the time so he has to be at least 8 now. The male i have now would be around 4.

my track record has been better w clowns. Maybe it is age. Idk. Bums me out. The other clowns passed fairly quickly after 15 years. my clown now has just been struggling for a few weeks.

got A purple tang that is 15+ years old now.
oh well. Sorry for the rant.

I can’t catch the clown as he’s still too quick in my 220 gal. So it would be hard as hell to quarantine.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you can catch him at night ,flashing "erratic" w flash light few hours after lights out swoop slow smaller to med 4" net and pokey stick handy,the flashing w confuse him and bam got em;)good luck best wishes:)

OP
OP
Desperado

Desperado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s day 20 or so with female not eating. She doesn’t host anemone anymore. Prazipro didn’t help. At night she sleeps up in corner of tank.

is it wrong to go ahead and euthanize ? I can’t believe she’s still alive honestly

here’s a link to her behavior.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back