Clownfish won’t eat!

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a WC ocellaris last week. Its 3 inches long pretty big already but it wont swallow any pelleted food. It will eat the pellets then spit it right out. I had smaller WC clowns do this previously but would eat my pellets on the 2nd-3rd day. This one won’t budge. Its not thin so im not worried but i really want to get it on pellets cause frozen is really expensive here. 25 bucks for the hikari 32 cube blister pack. I’ve tried soaking the pellets in mysis juice with garlic to give it the flavour of mysis which the clown did eat one bite of then stopped cause it found out it wasnt actually mysis. It ate abit of prime reef flakes but stopped. Any other tricks i can try to get it on pellets?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where do you live that it’s that expensive? Is this in USD or another currency? Keep trying! Maybe try a different brand of flakes or even little bites of raw seafood like frozen shrimp you can get at the grocery store.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you live that it’s that expensive? Is this in USD or another currency? Keep trying! Maybe try a different brand of flakes or even little bites of raw seafood like frozen shrimp you can get at the grocery store.
Im in malaysia. One pack of hikari frozen is equivalent to 4 decent human meals lol. It used to be cheaper before covid around 9 bucks a pack. I’ll try some raw shrimp tomorrow. But i dont really want to get it hooked on fresh food? I just tried feeding some flakes and it ate 3-4 bites then stopped. Ultimate goal would be to get it on pellets cause its way easier to feed all the fish at once

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think amazon ships to malaysia. i use cool mysis and cool greens and was told about this stuff from a fellow reefer when i couldn't get my 2 new ocellaris to eat. they dug right in and it's a BIG jar. had it for a few months and barely made a dent in both. My fish and inverts love this stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think amazon ships to malaysia. i use cool mysis and cool greens and was told about this stuff from a fellow reefer when i couldn't get my 2 new ocellaris to eat. they dug right in and it's a BIG jar. had it for a few months and barely made a dent in both. My fish and inverts love this stuff.

I’ll have a look. Thanks

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im in malaysia. One pack of hikari frozen is equivalent to 4 decent human meals lol. It used to be cheaper before covid around 9 bucks a pack. I’ll try some raw shrimp tomorrow. But i dont really want to get it hooked on fresh food? I just tried feeding some flakes and it ate 3-4 bites then stopped. Ultimate goal would be to get it on pellets cause its way easier to feed all the fish at once
Aaa that makes more sense.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update.
The clown started eating yesterday but will only eat the pellets i soaked. It only eats soft pellets. Thats a good start tho

xiongsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the ingredients on pellets. Wheat and other ingredients you can't even pronounce. Sounds like you have wild and they probably be like "what the f*** is this sh>t!" Lol. You should have access to fresh seafood I believe? Mince it up and let them have it naturally. I feed mine salmon and whatever masstick that falls off from my OSFF.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back