CLOWNFISH

Luke 29 Gallon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had these clownfish for almost 6 years. At first I thought I saw a clear female but now that I think and see the behavior now. They both are aggressive one more than the other. The size is about the same. They are never near each other in the tank. They don’t sleep with each other at all. I’m starting to think I have to females that are used to each other or two different species or maybe even a sub species. Will answer questions and post pics if needed. I’ve posted before with no help.

OP
OP
Luke 29 Gallon

Luke 29 Gallon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be two females... How bad is the aggression, chasing around or just subtle nipping? pics appreciated

Yeah there honestly is no aggression or even shivering or anything between the two. They swim apart and stay apart except when eating the black clown nips at me and makes sure she eats first. But they don’t fight anymore at all really

OP
OP
Luke 29 Gallon

Luke 29 Gallon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The black one is the little more dominant

8E229754-7A1F-4CEE-9016-ADC3FA21B1CA.png DBC35D51-323E-4F03-BD83-B398A11BBA9F.png 5915FA35-B3DC-494D-B339-836151335FDA.png

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns refuse to sleep by each other, the female chases the male around and sometimes they are nice to each other.
She became a lot nicer to the male when I took her anemonie away from her during the tank upgrade. Both my clowns are lightning maroons

Nipping at fins is bad, but if they lock lips it could be a lot worse. If one has not killed the other in the first month of being in the same tank, it should be ok. Seems like you said it’s been 6years.

OP
OP
Luke 29 Gallon

Luke 29 Gallon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is when I first got them. They don’t ever get that close anymore. They don’t dance/swim together or nothing. Pretty bummer having them. The don’t host anything. Even after getting anemones that I know have had fish host them before

C37A5CCE-87EE-4E6B-A699-37601423B314.png

OP
OP
Luke 29 Gallon

Luke 29 Gallon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns refuse to sleep by each other, the female chases the male around and sometimes they are nice to each other.
She became a lot nicer to the male when I took her anemonie away from her during the tank upgrade.

Nipping at fins is bad, but if they lock lips it could be a lot worse. If one has not killed the other in the first month of being in the same tank, it should be ok. Seems like you said it’s been 6years.

Thanks for the reply. I just don’t understand why they want nothing to do with each other now though. Like they are two females that just got used to each other

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back