Clowns and more clowns

Paulmarks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been seeing people having 6 osc clown babies (inch or so) in their tanks. And it's freaking adorable. They all tell me they don't have problems because their all from the same clutch. I currently have no fish. :(

While I know I can't keep up with 6.
Would 3-4 work in a 25G IM lagoon. They would be the only fish.

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO 4 would be pushing it as they do get big. I think 2 would be the better option. I have 2 black percula in my 29 gallon tank :)

OP
OP
P

Paulmarks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO 4 would be pushing it as they do get big. I think 2 would be the better option. I have 2 black percula in my 29 gallon tank :)

I'm more worried about them fighting and killing each other. I'm gonna upgrade in a year or so.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 holdovers from my breeding project in a bio cube 14. They are fine for the time being but will eventually have to be separated. I'd say if they are only an 1" you should be ok for a little while but keep an eye on them and have a contingency plan if they start to show aggression. Percs grow slower than occys so that might help. I had more in my bio cube but one in particular was starting to bully the others.

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm more worried about them fighting and killing each other. I'm gonna upgrade in a year or so.
As long as you add them at the same time they should be fine. Helps if they are purchased at the same reputable LFS and housed in the same tank there so you can observe for any fighting etc

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are quite a few factors involved as to whether it would work. I n nature clowns are colonial with a female, male, and the rest essentially being neuters until social dynamics above them change.

Acquiring them all as juveniles helps, as the two most dominant will take the roles of female and male, with the others remaining neuters.

However, it is possible for the neuters to believe that there is enough space and resources to support them as a second pr. And it can vary greatly from clownfish to clownfish and tank to tank.

Back