Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I wish it wasn't! @evolved

I'm surprised Reef2Reef isn't blocked with all the dangerous stuff that goes on in this forum (blue ring octopi, sharks, cute little devil like clownfish...) :D

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think!? The labouti is hiding and hasn't eaten in two days I hope he realizes the clowns can't hurt him anymore!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations on when or how I should release the clowns once he's healthy?

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to change some things up. I took out the clownfish since they where getting stressed and I put the wrasse in the container since I couldn't tell if he was alive or dead under the rock. This way now, he is on the opposite side of the tank in correspondence to the clowns. I can monitor his health, and I can feed him (which he ate today!).

Let me know of any questions and thoughts
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
poor guy looks like he's been beaten up quite a bit. hope he stabilizes soon and starts to recover. the fact that he ate is a good start. fingers crossed. i'm rooting for the little guy. the labouti is a gorgeous fish. i love mine. keep up the good fight!

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
poor guy looks like he's been beaten up quite a bit. hope he stabilizes soon and starts to recover. the fact that he ate is a good start. fingers crossed. i'm rooting for the little guy. the labouti is a gorgeous fish. i love mine. keep up the good fight!

Thank you for the hope! Do you think his eye will ever recover? Maybe @Humblefish can chime in

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here's a video I posted of my new wrasse in an acclimation box after QT. This is why I'm such a huge advocate for acclimation boxes. You can see the aggression by otherwise peaceful wrasse species already in the DT.

How long did you have to leave the fish in the acclimation box before the other wrasses forgot about it?

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did you have to leave the fish in the acclimation box before the other wrasses forgot about it?

the pintail was in the acclimation box about 3 days. there was still slight aggression upon initial release into the dt but it was short lived. peaceful community once again.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the hope! Do you think his eye will ever recover? Maybe @Humblefish can chime in

not having ever dealt with pop eye personally in my reef fish, i do believe it actually the result of a bacterial infection which can be treated with an antibiotic, tetracycline perhaps? would have to be done in qt of course. but yeah, someone with more experience should definitely chime in here.

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I wouldn't want to Quarantine because I took down my setup since this is my last fish being added to the DT. Also I would want the fish around him to be used to him if he makes it! I heard it clears away but like you said eating may be a good sign that he will recover but I need to know if his ocular muscles are affected in a permanent way. If so then he will be vulnerable to the other fish when re introduced

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it used to be in both but then got moved to only one eye and that one eye got worse

Have you tried Epsom salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gals) to relieve the swelling? That is a reef safe treatment. If that doesn't work, you will need to QT & treat with antibiotics - preferably Erythromycin.

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could technically dose with erythromycin @Humblefish. I've done it before in my DT to clear away cyano bacteria and it did not harm a thing, I will try the Epsom salt first though! Will there be any permanant damage if cured ?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back