Clowns attacking new Labouti Wrasse

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will there be any permanant damage if cured ?

If the eye is infected, it will all depend on how much damage has been done. If you are confident dosing erythromycin into your DT, I would start doing that in conjunction with the Epsom salt.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had wrasses get pop eye before from rock scrapes when being chased, and it's always gone away just fine on its own. However, never have I seen it quite as extreme as your laboutei displays. Treatment might be necessary.

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an Update, over the next few days his eye got EXTREMELY BIG. I am not sure if this was a direct side effect of the erythromycin and Epson salt treatment but I did do a water change yesterday and retreated the tank a second time. Before I went to sleep last night I looked at his eye and he seemed calmer and relaxed and thus the swelling seemed to to be reduced slightly. Just an update I will get a picture today possibly!

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eye is completely normal again and his fins are growing back! He is eating very well now and I believe he is ready to be re introduced into the rest of the DT. Should I create a hole big enough for him to leave on his own and then re enter again if harassed by the clowns? what do you guys think? @evolved @4FordFamily @Humblefish

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eye is completely normal again and his fins are growing back! He is eating very well now and I believe he is ready to be re introduced into the rest of the DT. Should I create a hole big enough for him to leave on his own and then re enter again if harassed by the clowns? what do you guys think? @evolved @4FordFamily @Humblefish

I would put him in a clear acclimation box and see how the clowns react to his presence.

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put him in a clear acclimation box and see how the clowns react to his presence.

Well he has been in a clear acclimation box for the past week and the clowns don't go near it anymore, they just "ignore" him. Almost like he doesn't exist

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you should be okay now. I do tend to let them swim out of the box on their own, as best as possible, to help prevent them from being "darty" in the tank right away.

Vu337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice i just added one in my tank, he's in the acclimation box now but his fins is a little beat up did yours healed up?

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice i just added one in my tank, he's in the acclimation box now but his fins is a little beat up did yours healed up?

his dorsal fin was half destroyed, now it is back to 3/4 health in just a week! same with my coral beauty the fins grow fast I believe the cell regeneration is similar to our hair

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking out the new hole I made

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picasso my trigger decided to go into the container with the wrasse to eat the algae on the inside! The wrasse got scared but it's a good thing since it saw that the trigger didn't mean it harm

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He came out but he is hiding in the corner because the coral beauty (who gets picked on by everyone else) was harassing him. The clowns don't seem to care that he's out and about? Should I see how he is tommorow and if he's nipped again should I sell him?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 55 73.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back