Clowns -Divorce Filed

TracyLynn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
284
Reaction score
557
Location
Huntsville
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So these 2 have been a mated pair for almost 2 years now, they were even laying eggs up until about a month ago. Noticed last week the little male had moved next door, OK maybe he just wanted a break, after all he was working A LOT. ;)
He hasn’t gone back to visit, not once. So I guess it’s safe to say that the divorce papers have been filed. Luckily no children to decide custody & it seems he’s happy with the furnishings at his new home. YES - they both are hosting the green hairy mushrooms instead of the BTA in the tank.
2F94CFDA-9070-4B3C-BC56-E3D105FD8244.jpeg
1C1B8AF6-8574-4AB4-BD32-22438334151A.jpeg
5245B52A-C5C6-459E-BD0A-E25A0A15EF90.jpeg

I think I’ll leave them separate for now, after the holidays I hope to set up another tank. I may move 1 into that tank & then place an order for Mail-order husbands. ;Joyful
 
I’m in no hurry, maybe they will reconcile. ;)
 
My pair also do this, but it hasn't stopped them from continuing to lay clutches of eggs.

My female switch between the 4 anemones I have in tank while the male keeps house in their main anemone. He's typically the one that decides the laying spot and ultimately convinces the female to keep his anemone as their primary residence. She'll summer, fall and winter in the others, but will always come back home for the spring. Her nickname is 'Nem Ho!
 
They are odd, cute little creatures. I love watching the animals in my tank, it’s fun to watch & interact with the personalities.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new