Clowns file for divorce

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes..yes..and we all have different life experiences to learn from. We all have different "skill set or ways of thinking" that helps us some of us help/protect others.
Very true. I guess my instincts still show through from my former profession.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe... might also be because I'm using 99% of my brain trying to figure out why this dang thermostat won't turn on the stupid peltier
are you using this solid state peltier for cooling or heating? sometimes it needs to be reset..easy fix sometimes unplug it let it cool off cause the get hot from the heat transfer in the casing.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you using this solid state peltier for cooling or heating? sometimes it needs to be reset..easy fix sometimes unplug it let it cool off cause the get hot from the heat transfer in the casing.
I'm using for a autofeeder I'm working on.
I think is because the little psu I bought can't supply enough amperage through the thermostat I'm using. The psu is rated for 5a the thermostat is rated for 20 and the peltier draws 5-6a

The odd part is it works when I plug the peltier directly into the psu

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very good...dispatcher is tough typing skills, I know a few friends who do that now. Sheriff deputy is very rewarding, I got a lots of friends across the Country that do that too....I did not go that route, I am not into pulling cars over etc, it is not exciting enough or (risk) to me or "on the edge"...and I did not want a typical say A,B or C shift...so I am on an different journey to make right of the evil....Oh bartender another bourbon....

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think is because the little psu I bought can't supply enough amperage through the thermostat I'm using. The psu is rated for 5a the thermostat is rated for 20 and the peltier draws 5-6a

hmm...

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
very good...dispatcher is tough typing skills, I know a few friends who do that now. Sheriff deputy is very rewarding, I got a lots of friends across the Country that do that too....I did not go that route, I am not into pulling cars over etc, it is not exciting enough or (risk) to me or "on the edge"...and I did not want a typical say A,B or C shift...so I am on an different journey to make right of the evil....Oh bartender another bourbon....
What you do is equally as important. You save people just by listening.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you do is equally as important. You save people just by listening.
I do listen alot, and survey the situation, but I also have several sets of cuffs, vets and a jump bag with goodies...been living in the at moment notice for 15 plus years...and always come back to my get away house...after a few days or more...

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet you have some stories... I love driving but I could never be a cop and deal with peoples bs nor am I brave.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use a battery auto feeder..so much easier and no electric cords.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bet you have some stories... I love driving but I could never be a cop and deal with peoples bs nor am I brave.
I'm not brave. I wouldn't say that. I have absolutely been afraid.

UGASealDawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Having a LOT of experience with clowns (they are my favorites) I will say they are complete jerks, especially to their own kind. I suspect your female may have laid eggs - they aren't super easy to spot and almost never hatch if you have other critters in the tank. If they aren't fighting, then they are doing splendidly. There is usually little rhyme or reason for the behaviour that I can tell, although the female will get particularly territorial when she is about to lay eggs or just has laid eggs.

If you really, really want them back together, see if you can borrow another clown and put it in the tank where they can see each other but that they are separated (unless you would like to witness clown murder). Clowns, damsels in general, will tend to gang up on one or more others. This could drive them to "kiss and make up," however, it's a lot of effort with no guarantee. If it were me, I'd just let them be and they may end up patching everything up. If they do, don't be surprised if he gets the boot again. And again, and again...

Did I mention clownfish are jerks?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%

Back