Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had these two clowns since March 4th in qt 10g, heater, bubbler, pvc. I observed them for the first 4 days and they began to show signs of Brook I jumped on here followed recommended treatment treated with ruby reef bath and dosed tank with metroplex, I also did a full water change in the tank to make sure it was sterile. They have seemed fine both have been eating well but once again my mocha seems to have Brook too little to photograph but it looks like it’s peeling. I immediately got them set up in a bath of rally, why the relapse am I doing something wrong? They’ve stayed in their qt this whole time no new introductions. Mocha isn’t looking too good worrying he won’t make it any advice helps!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A full water change will remove most, but not all Brooklynella from a tank. Ruby Reef is one treatment, but not the best. My thought is that they are simply getting better, but not fully cured, and then relapsing. Brook is tough to treat. Formalin dips and moving to a brand new tank is the best treatment.

Jay

OP
OP
Gonj

Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A full water change will remove most, but not all Brooklynella from a tank. Ruby Reef is one treatment, but not the best. My thought is that they are simply getting better, but not fully cured, and then relapsing. Brook is tough to treat. Formalin dips and moving to a brand new tank is the best treatment.

Jay
I don’t really have access to formalin none of my lfs carry it. As for the new tank, rrr says you gotta do three baths in a row for treatment to be successful, should I place clowns in a new tank after the first bath or the last bath?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really have access to formalin none of my lfs carry it. As for the new tank, rrr says you gotta do three baths in a row for treatment to be successful, should I place clowns in a new tank after the first bath or the last bath?
Well, it really needs to be after every bath. If you can't do that, I guess the last bath would be the most important.

Jay

OP
OP
Gonj

Gonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it really needs to be after every bath. If you can't do that, I guess the last bath would be the most important.

Jay
Got it thanks I also just noticed this when I went to check on them it’s a white string hanging out of my mocha which also is the one who was showing symptoms of brook

Attachments

• C32261E0-E6A0-4C70-B744-E04925896B6E.jpeg
    C32261E0-E6A0-4C70-B744-E04925896B6E.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 70

ry_gon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it thanks I also just noticed this when I went to check on them it’s a white string hanging out of my mocha which also is the one who was showing symptoms of brook
That’s probably intestinal parasites. I would use Prazipro for that

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back