Co2 degas question

akaemu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I need to degas my ro water before it hits the di stage and i am wondering if a 15gph pump would be too much or too little to feed the water into the di stage. The diagram I have shows a spectrapure ato pump being used which im not sure the gph of for this purpose but that is rather expensive.

Thanks

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, the Spectrapure peristaltic pumps push about 150 ml/min. So that’s about 2.4 gph.

OP
OP
akaemu

akaemu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have well water and have been told it may be the reason my di resin cartridge only lasts a short time. I bought a co2 test kit. I didn't use the ph calculation method.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before spending any money, I would try your 15 gph pump. Can’t hurt to try. If you get 5 gallons of DI water an hour, you’d be pretty much right around what a 75 gpd RODI unit would produce.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was on well water, the only hope that I had was to get a 99+% rejection membrane and just eat the DI change costs. I also used the resin until the TDS hit 5 or 10. There was not a way around this that I found. Hope you figure it out, but tender your expectations... I used to get excited and then was disappointed later on.

OP
OP
akaemu

akaemu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was on well water, the only hope that I had was to get a 99+% rejection membrane and just eat the DI change costs. I also used the resin until the TDS hit 5 or 10. There was not a way around this that I found. Hope you figure it out, but tender your expectations... I used to get excited and then was disappointed later on.
I hear ya. Adding a booster pump and setting up a 55galon degasing container is my last resort. Elsewise ill just keep buying nutri sea water and distilled water.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 90 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back