Co2 scrubber help

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did the same thing myself and I have never seen 8.2 pH EVER!

upload_2018-2-27_15-16-8.png

Can you guess when it was installed?

Hughesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that should be fine. If you let the media dry it should be ok as well

I have easy access to outside air being in my basement. All I did was connect an air line to the top of the redtube silencer.

Skimmer1.jpg
Hi Fudsey, sorry to bother you.. What fitting did you use here to connect the airline to the top of silencer on the red tube?

Many thanks in advance!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an airline extender that I had. Fits right inside the hole on the top of the silencer

@Hughesy it looks like this but mine is red

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have easy access to outside air being in my basement. All I did was connect an air line to the top of the redtube silencer.

Skimmer1.jpg

I know this is an old post. What size connection did you use to fit inside the whole ?

Lucasuka5006011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I know this is an old post but I see one line connects to the octo 110ss , what abo it the other line ? Does it just stay outside of the sump ? Does it go back in the water ?

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I know this is an old post but I see one line connects to the octo 110ss , what abo it the other line ? Does it just stay outside of the sump ? Does it go back in the water ?

Are you running the line outside? If so then pull in outside air from the input and have the output connected to the skimmer pump.

If you are not running it outside you can connect the inlet to your skimmer cup just to keep the media slightly moist but not wet. Condensation will build so you will need to have a collection container to trap any water before it gets to the media (between the skimmer cup and the output of the CO2 scrubber).

I run mine circulated like above and my media last me forever.

Lucasuka5006011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you running the line outside? If so then pull in outside air from the input and have the output connected to the skimmer pump.

If you are not running it outside you can connect the inlet to your skimmer cup just to keep the media slightly moist but not wet. Condensation will build so you will need to have a collection container to trap any water before it gets to the media (between the skimmer cup and the output of the CO2 scrubber).

I run mine circulated like above and my media last me forever.
Could you post some photos of your set up ? I’m trying to see what you mean by the collection container

MarshMay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Skimmer1.jpg
Where did you get that red part to connect through the silencer?

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Is not a good example of how to run a recirculating CO2/Skimmer setup, especially when you have a float switch cutoff controller through the Various Controller. Why would you place the return air inlet in the center To allow it to suck up Skim?? The obvious option would have been to drill the hole outside of the inner lip on the underside of the lid, which would never pull up skim unless your float switch failed you. All you did was create more work for yourself by adding another cup to clean.

I for one found my PH dropped when I added a recirculating line from the lid, and now I resort on the moisture coming from the sump itself, which is more than enough.

Back