Coffee Talk

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coffee has randomly come up in threads here on R2R, sometimes hijacking the threads. For some of us, coffee and reefing almost seem to go hand and hand. We almost take as much pride in our coffee setup as we do in our tank setup.

So let's talk coffee! Talk amongst yourselves... What is your coffee of choice? Home brewed or store bought? Black or with cream and sugar? Anything goes. Discuss.

125E0D36-C926-4DBD-B219-58BAE3072C96.gif

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lavazza or Illy with about a table spoon of frothed 2% in a double.
Espresso has been my go two for about 3 months now. I sometimes mix it the "Bullet Proof" way for additional energy.
Pour over or french press if I am really drinking some java.
I can never understand how someone drinks Kueireg or Folgers... I go for energy drinks if I am on the move.

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan here of black coffee. Typically I use the keurig with a donut shop blend but love going out to try new flavors at the local spots. There are lots of cool coffee shops popping up here in SoCal lately. Anyone tried Vietnamese coffee? Cafe Sua. It’s iced milk coffee and it’s really good.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lavazza or Illy with about a table spoon of frothed 2% in a double.
Espresso has been my go two for about 3 months now. I sometimes mix it the "Bullet Proof" way for additional energy.
Pour over or french press if I am really drinking some java.
I can never understand how someone drinks Kueireg or Folgers... I go for energy drinks if I am on the move.

lavazza is my number two.

OP
OP
Pau Hana Reefer

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have just opened a can of worms here... Now I'm going to want to try all of these! And now going to have to explain this along with my tank purchases to my wife.

My day to day is Dunkin, black. Either store bought or make my own at home... I buy whole beans, grind, then pour over using my hario v60.

I discovered third wave coffee over 5 years ago and it's my special treat coffee. For third wave coffee, I love Stumptown and my brother in law and sister have a small roasting company called Agape Roasting.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So many of us worried about our tanks and us freakin out to the sound of trickling water when we are pretty sure we turned the RO unit off. Coffee is an absolute.

coffee.jpg RO joke.jpg

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sister got me a small bag of Kopi Luwak. Anyone want to help me finish the pot?

Wish I wasn't at work so I could have some coffee. This thread is making me thirsty.

that’s pretty good stuff. you obviously pay a ton more for it though.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We go to Marshalls. They have all different kinds there in the kitchen stuff, so I get different kinds and try them out. Whole bean, dark roast usually.
I like Caribou Mahogany also.

With cream.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a coffee freak also and have actually installed coffee roasters before and had dibs on the freshest imports roasted the day before , sadly that luxury is gone (moved) and now have to deal with the available store stuff. We love strong bold coffee like sumatra's and the like and have been pretty stuck on Petes , Major Dickinsons Blend WOW its a bit pricey but totally worth it , I even dont mind the "pod" version its as good as fresh ground.Reef Fuel gotta love it .

Back