OP
TJAVOREK

TJAVOREK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! 15 years is a long time when you find out how much things have changed. I was out for half that amount of time and it was eye opening for me. You'll get some much needed support from this group.
Yeah not going to lie it was a bit overwhelming spent a good couple of months just reading through a lot of info. Back in the day I had a big fancy T5 lighting unit from a brand I can’t even remember and filtering was all about a skimmer and bio balls.

You bought live rock and sand and the tank was pretty much good to go threw a damsel in for the first month and if everything was fine you moved on.

Leah Ryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
xlwr.jpg

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say hi. Coming back to the hobby after about 15yrs and setting up a new tank in NYC. Already learned a lot from many members build threads and excited to get started on my own.

Started up a build thread so I can get all the help I can get

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tyes-reefer-350-back-after-15yrs.776870/
Welcome to R2R, TJAVOREK!
You can get a Build Thread Badge to show up under your user information with a link to your build thread by following this post from admin rehvtree.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
link for build badge is on post #17 ;) :)

kitpoon0315

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah not going to lie it was a bit overwhelming spent a good couple of months just reading through a lot of info. Back in the day I had a big fancy T5 lighting unit from a brand I can’t even remember and filtering was all about a skimmer and bio balls.

You bought live rock and sand and the tank was pretty much good to go threw a damsel in for the first month and if everything was fine you moved on.
If you look through some of the build threads you'll see they're all very basic and simple.

L. O. L.

When I started my reef again I tricked myself into believing I would just use all my old equipment and just mix some salt and get to work. I don't even want to tell you far I deviated from that plan. All thanks to the tank envy you get when you see the stunners this crew has put together.

Enjoy your journey. As they say, pics or it never happened. :)

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back into the hobby! You've joined a great community with lots of friendly folks willing to help you get addicted all over again!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back