Commercial mounts that fit black boxes?

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a tank mounted mount that will work with viparspectras? All I can find through google searches are diy’s with aluminum tubing or wall mounted brackets or tv mounts. Would love to find something similar to an rms or ai prime mounting arm.

OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine you could get something 3D-printed that could adapt to an RMS or HMS system?
Unfortunately I only know one person with a 3d printer and getting him to make anything is worse than pulling teeth! But that is a great idea! I guess I could even use a normal rms mount or something similar and just drill through the top plate of the light and attach with longer bolts, washers, and nuts. Just need something that will stretch high enough to get the light 12-14” above the water!

OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only Issue I can see with retro fitting a black box to something like a rms or hms is weight. Black boxes are HEAVY in comparison. I previously made a 80/20 bracket connected to the stand so I can hang a 165w black box light over my 50g cube.
The issue with mounting anything to my stand is that I am using one of the heavy duty garage shelves so there isn’t much real estate to be mounting anything to the stand. I have vaulted ceilings in the room it’s going in and I don’t even want to bring up bolting anything to the wall to my wife! Convincing her I needed to bring the frag tank to the family room was already a task within itself because I already had to agree to move the entire tank to a different wall in the room which is gonna be a pita!

dstockwell

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never found anything except diy, this is how I did mine, attached to the stand.

20220713_200616.jpg

OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reptile lamp Stand Fixed Bracket - Terrarium Large Reptile Lamp Adjustable Metal lamp Holder, Used for Amphibians and Lizards, Tortoise and Snakes and Other Cold-Blooded Animals https://a.co/d/eKrrDu1

Anyone know anything about reptile light hangers such as this? Slide the bottom plate under the tank and it will stabilize it, however I have looked at many different listings and can not find a weight limit for the arm and hook. Amazon lists the vipar light at just under 7 lbs but I know reptile light fixtures don’t weigh much at all. Some of the answered questions say they “think” it would hold up to 20 lbs. Hoping someone can shed some light on these!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back