Compatibility question

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want aggression. I do want to plan the best stocking that I can. The tank is a 25 gallon lagoon AIO. I have just been gifted a lovely swissguard basslet. Would it be compatible with:
  • possum wrasse
  • blue neon cleaner goby
  • yellow watchman goby pistol shrimp pair
  • firefish goby
I realize that is a lot of gobies, but what I am most concerned with is the possum wrasse. Is this too much competition for space in the rocks? Thanks for looking!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want aggression. I do want to plan the best stocking that I can. The tank is a 25 gallon lagoon AIO. I have just been gifted a lovely swissguard basslet. Would it be compatible with:
  • possum wrasse
  • blue neon cleaner goby
  • yellow watchman goby pistol shrimp pair
  • firefish goby
I realize that is a lot of gobies, but what I am most concerned with is the possum wrasse. Is this too much competition for space in the rocks? Thanks for looking!
Do you have an FTS from the front and one of the sides?
If your rockwork has plenty of dart holes it should be alright. I wouldnt worry too much about competition for food and more so potential aggression (Albeit it’s unlikely).

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input! Here are tank shots. It is currently fallow for a couple more weeks.
front:
IMG_5505.jpg

left:
image0 (15).jpeg

right:
image1 (12).jpeg

This is his current home. He really likes the cheesy treehouse, unfortunately...
image2 (10).jpeg

He is a little banged up. He got rehomed to me because of inter tank territorial disputes.

image3 (7).jpeg

I am confident that a possum wrasse won't bug him, but afraid that the basslet may try and push the wrasse around.

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of late to the party, thought I would chime in! Glad to see he’s doing well! He does love the caves and such.

I actually had him in with a neon blue cleaner goby and they were as thick as thieves. Also with a YWG before, got along well. Also tried a possum wrasse in the past with a previous swissguard before I moved, but my mistake was introducing the PW after the basslet, so the basslet bullied the PW quite a bit. I would say if you want both to introduce the PW first.

Hope he’s healing up nicely for you, thanks again! Attached a video of the old buddies.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    19.4 MB

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just fed him. He is fat and happy! All healed up and looking great. I appreciate the advice. Will definitely add the PW FIRST. Pico is very happy in the "on deck circle" for now!
Makes me happy to hear! Look forward to pics of him in the main tank once fallow is over!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back