• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Compatible Fish-Need help

MichaelReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I need some help on my next fish purchase. The below fish are what are currently in the tank. I need reef safe and fish that will leave shrimp alone. I am having trouble finding one that will not have issues with any of the below.

I currently have:

Yellow Tang
Melanurus Wrasse (male)
2x Ocellaris Clowns
Fire Fish
Dotty Back
Diamond Watchman Goby
Mandarin Dragonet
Black saddled Toby
Cleaner shrimp

Appreciate any help!

BeltedCoyote

Lord of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately the Melanurus wrasse and the Toby puffer can both be shrimp eaters. Although if the shrimp are big enough they could be fine.

how large is the tank? And do you have a general idea of what sort of fish you want? As it stands, your request is quite vague. A few of the above details would make helping much easier

OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately the Melanurus wrasse and the Toby puffer can both be shrimp eaters. Although if the shrimp are big enough they could be fine.

how large is the tank? And do you have a general idea of what sort of fish you want? As it stands, your request is quite vague. A few of the above details would make helping much easier
My Wrasse is actually very well behaved, the Dottyback is more of a turd than him. And my Toby actually is super chill. He doesn't touch coral and lets my cleaner shrimp clean him :D

The tank is a Reefer 525XL. (108 gallon display). I'm mainly looking for options that will not have issues but it seems like every time I find one I like, it gets crossed out. I really wanted a Flame Hawk Fish but then it will probably eat my cleaner shrimp :(

OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Blennies, gobies, hawkfish (if you’re brave enough to risk your shrimp), anthias, cardinals. Lots of choices lol
Wont Blennies and Gobies have problems with my Fire Fish and Diamond Watchman Goby? I've ready they get a bit territorial if there are multiple in a tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Have you ever had an aquarium heater issue before?

• Yes, heater exploded

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Yes, heater "stuck" on

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Yes, heater wasn't big enough

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Yes, heater just stopped working

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • NO

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%