Compatible Fish-Need help

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help on my next fish purchase. The below fish are what are currently in the tank. I need reef safe and fish that will leave shrimp alone. I am having trouble finding one that will not have issues with any of the below.

I currently have:

Yellow Tang
Melanurus Wrasse (male)
2x Ocellaris Clowns
Fire Fish
Dotty Back
Diamond Watchman Goby
Mandarin Dragonet
Black saddled Toby
Cleaner shrimp

Appreciate any help!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, unfortunately the Melanurus wrasse and the Toby puffer can both be shrimp eaters. Although if the shrimp are big enough they could be fine.

how large is the tank? And do you have a general idea of what sort of fish you want? As it stands, your request is quite vague. A few of the above details would make helping much easier

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, unfortunately the Melanurus wrasse and the Toby puffer can both be shrimp eaters. Although if the shrimp are big enough they could be fine.

how large is the tank? And do you have a general idea of what sort of fish you want? As it stands, your request is quite vague. A few of the above details would make helping much easier

My Wrasse is actually very well behaved, the Dottyback is more of a turd than him. And my Toby actually is super chill. He doesn't touch coral and lets my cleaner shrimp clean him :D

The tank is a Reefer 525XL. (108 gallon display). I'm mainly looking for options that will not have issues but it seems like every time I find one I like, it gets crossed out. I really wanted a Flame Hawk Fish but then it will probably eat my cleaner shrimp :(

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking for fish that stay in the water column, fish that are more bottom dwellers, quirky personalities?

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies, gobies, hawkfish (if you’re brave enough to risk your shrimp), anthias, cardinals. Lots of choices lol

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies, gobies, hawkfish (if you’re brave enough to risk your shrimp), anthias, cardinals. Lots of choices lol

Wont Blennies and Gobies have problems with my Fire Fish and Diamond Watchman Goby? I've ready they get a bit territorial if there are multiple in a tank.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wont Blennies and Gobies have problems with my Fire Fish and Diamond Watchman Goby? I've ready they get a bit territorial if there are multiple in a tank.

Had a brain fart. You’re correct. Although you may be able to get away with a Midas Blenny

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back