OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
05FF138E-B73C-48C1-9246-93D24FE38A3D.jpeg

Feels great having fish in the tank finally. Now my wife cant make fun of me anymore looking at an empty tank. On another note, Just picked up a nice golden angelfish to go in the tank at my lfs for $70. Too good of a deal to pass up. Qting for the next 30 days.

OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also got a bunch of goodies from zens reef. I bought a frag rack, mushroom box, and got Tuan to make me a cool wrasse den. Basically I picked out a regular sized mushroom box and got him to make it without any slats to hose the sand. Its 3 inches deep so more than enough room for my femininus and xmas wrasse to dive in. Frag rack is top notch. Comes with two options out the box, either clear or black. All necessary hardware is included as well as color matching screws. Magnet sticks great on my 15mm glass.

E98953C2-B584-40E6-B0A3-A948EBA709B4.jpeg
FTS as she stands today. AA9E7148-E353-46B2-86AD-E36AABB02E64.jpeg

Last edited:

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like the light coverage? i was thinking with the depth of the tank maybe something wider than normal would be needed?

OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spread is excellent on this. My red sea 650max has 6 hydra 26s on it. I would get hotspots under every light making coral arrangement a headache and a half. If u look at my pic of the wrasse den, thats a far back right of the tank, effectively the furthest point from any light source. The futuras spread has very minimal hotspots due to the wider led array configuration. Naturally shimmer leaves a lot to be desired during full lighting spectrum. Disco-effect is definitely noticeable. But when all the blue leds come on at night, shimmer blends perfectly. I wouldnt notice the disco at all, but since buying a kessil I cant help but see the difference.

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re on the top actually.

ADD92CA1-00B4-405C-AFC8-439DF4DDE8FE.jpeg

Love your build and really appreciate you sharing. I'm considering an INT-75 and the stand is the only thing that's holding me back. What have your thoughts been of it other than the doors? How did you screw on these mounting boards? My concern is that it's metal and therefore hard to screw into, no?

dante411x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome setup. I got one of these coming in next week :-D

I have this idea of sticking a few of those marine pure blocks (the 8x8x1’s) in the overflow, but can’t find any info on how much space is actually there. Any chance you know how far off the back glass the overflow actually sits?

Trying to get as much equipment and whatnot for the build as I can while the Black Friday sales last. So there’s a smaller chance of the wife coming after me with a pitchfork XD

OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately there are glass dividers that run top to almost the bottom on both sides. These dividers create several compartments/baffles in the overflow. Its gonna be hard to put too many on the sides. Only the middle chamber could house 8x8x1 but the drain and return lines will be in the way. You could probably fit 4 or 5 pieces in there. U could use the round/square biopure balls on the sides, but they might block the bottom of the dividers. IMHO this could restrict the overflow baffles and mess with the siphoning properties of the coast to coast overflow. I could be wrong tho.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately there are glass dividers that run top to almost the bottom on both sides. These dividers create several compartments/baffles in the overflow. Its gonna be hard to put too many on the sides. Only the middle chamber could house 8x8x1 but the drain and return lines will be in the way. You could probably fit 4 or 5 pieces in there. U could use the round/square biopure balls on the sides, but they might block the bottom of the dividers. IMHO this could restrict the overflow baffles and mess with the siphoning properties of the coast to coast overflow. I could be wrong tho.
Do these make it difficult to clean back there? Sounds like a detritus nightmare.

OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be, but I stuck a pair of tiny jebaos back there set to pulse. Also got about 4 turbo snail keeping it nice and tidy for me.

dante411x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is really good to know. Thank you!

I think I’ll just wait until next week and plan after it’s here. Just got the call from the delivery company earlier today, it’ll be here on Monday. Maybe there’ll still be some sales, but seems prudent not to spend money on things that might not work

Genec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overflow is dead silent once in the sweetspot. Havent had to touch the drain setting since i set it up.
Stand is unaccessible from the sides. If you were to say make panels with magnetic mounts and screw them into the panel it would be nicer. The doors are small as well. Way too narrow for my 175 lbs build. All in all great tank though.
What size return are you using? Are you using 1 drain as the primary or dual? How much water do you estimate you have the return pump set to?

Genec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i think I found a fix for the small doors. I decided to move the support arm closer towards the middle of the tank. Rather than 3 barely usable doors, I now have 2 big useful openings and 1 semi-usable one. 2 out of 3 doors is a win in my book. I now get some light bleed at night through the seam, but the benefits far outweigh the cons. Hope this helps anyone else.

073D504B-183B-42E1-8268-A4B5F80BC43D.jpeg

On another note, I think i got too much chaeto!!!! This stuff is thick
23689E1B-1F1B-43DA-90F5-386C15B843A0.jpeg

B01ADE8D-4499-4C28-BE83-EB4BDDFE5C61.jpeg
Were you able to remove the brace with the tank filled?

OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size return are you using? Are you using 1 drain as the primary or dual? How much water do you estimate you have the return pump set to?
1" piping up to the 3/4 bulkhead under the tank. 1" drain with gate valve, 2 emergency drains. Not sure on return rate, but its substantial. More than I need, and that's with my varios 8 on its 4th power setting (out of 5).

Pablo reefcabar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thread love the scape and your selection of fish .
Just ordered one . Mine shipped yesterday , awaiting to see if it survives the trip from cali. to me in Canada . I'll be starting my own build thread as well . Electrical is done and water room is almost there. Love that I have a drain pipe in the room.

20191203_215920.jpg 20191203_215855.jpg

OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had a drain. Unfortunately Im plumbed into a septic tank. Dont want to risk ruining my drainfield.

OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard these never adapt very well. Saw one in my LFS for $69.99. Wasn't even eating at the store and was real acting really stressed. Couldn't resist since it was so cheap. Took the chance, and really glad I did. One of my fave fishes.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back