OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell yeah!!! Let me know if u need any tips on how to hide packages from the wife. I got a feeling you’re gonna have a couple more coming in the next few weeks.

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell yeah!!! Let me know if u need any tips on how to hide packages from the wife. I got a feeling you’re gonna have a couple more coming in the next few weeks.

Hahaha I am an expert at that already my friend . The good news is I have a lot of the equipment already coming in slowly so she doesnt see a bunch at one time. I started my build thread on Manhattan Reefs and I am gonna copy and paste it over here soon so I can stop hijacking your thread out of excitement. :)

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a link or pm. Idc
Will do. I gotta say because the tank is so freaking wide it makes it look so short Haha. When he pulled it out of the box truck I was like that's my 47" tank? In the house it will probably look a lot bigger. I'm gonna miss my 72" tank though that's for sure.

OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have my qt tanks setup. IM 14g fish qt and IM 25g “sidechick” tank.
That new 360x is something. Really like that light. I have it sitting 8” on top the water and there’s a horizontal line of light spilling across the back. Intensity is at 75% and im getting 200 par across the whole tank on the bottom. Guess my sticks are gonna have to learn how to grow on the sand.
32BC8841-371E-4215-85FD-CA209D422A2F.jpeg

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really clean Con. I gotta check out that new light because I have never seen it before.

Con I just built the stand and didn't put the shelf in bc I'm not sure I will have enough clearance above skimmer. Did you install the shelf kit? I also have and extra center support brace marked "D" that is not shown in the instructions at all lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I got the D too... Wait.... NM
That extra piece can be used for the top or the bottom of the stand. I used it for the bottom to help spread the load for the bottom floor across 4 support pieces and left the top at 3 pieces. Whichever u prefer, it's up to u. I didn't use the shelf kit personally. You could cut that piece up and use it to make a sturdier floor for the stand, or as a back piece to enclose the rear a bit. I even though about making a sliding shelf 4 inches from the top out of that piece and put all electronics on there... Just slide it out like a keyboard drawer when I wanna show off u know. Or you could do what I did, which was not use it at all....

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might hack it up and put two small shelves up really high for some electronics and one DOS. Might scrap it though like you did. Thanks will put that last brace on the bottom.

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank was like 300-350lbs dry.
You ain't kidding me and one friend lifted it onto the stand at 330 am last night and he isn't the strongest person in the world. I am 150lbs soaking wet. Saying it was a struggle is an understatement but somehow we did it after a 1:30 am Wendy's run and a trip to home depot so I could borrow one of their carts. Hahaha.
Excuse the mess renovating the basement.
3f3e047d90df377af8954015e9c20782.jpg
c88e6debdf9aeea5daf00e9a14beefcd.jpg

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ain't kidding me and one friend lifted it onto the stand at 330 am last night and he isn't the strongest person in the world. I am 150lbs soaking wet. Saying it was a struggle is an understatement but somehow we did it after a 1:30 am Wendy's run and a trip to home depot so I could borrow one of their carts. Hahaha.
Excuse the mess renovating the basement.
3f3e047d90df377af8954015e9c20782.jpg
c88e6debdf9aeea5daf00e9a14beefcd.jpg

build thread!

i must live vicariously through you guys! i love this tank, but not that big for me at this time..

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
build thread!

i must live vicariously through you guys! i love this tank, but not that big for me at this time..
Will copy it over from Manhattan reefs tomorrow. This is gonna be a very slow build though. I am building a tank and semi renovating my basement at the same time.

I have an electrician coming tomorrow to upgrade my old 100 amp panel, put in a bunch of high hats throughout the house, and run 2 dedicated 20 amp lines to the new tank. New laminate flooring, mold resistant sheet rock/paint is ordered. I am traveling a lot the next week and a half and wont have much time to get anything done. This is gonna be very tricky renovating the downstairs with 2 monster tanks in the way but I have a plan. Gonna do half at a time move the tanks to there final positions and then renovate the other half.

The whole build is on pause though unfortunately. I have some issues with my tank and have sent IM a very lengthy email with pictures and am waiting to hear back from them. I cant discuss any further details and may never actually pending how they handle my current situation. Anyways sorry Con I'm gonna start my build tomorrow so I can stop writing 3 paragraph posts on your build thread. :)

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish selection!!! How long have you had the femininus? Did it go through QT?

OP
OP
C

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it has. Had it for about a month. Eats everything from flakes to frozen, yet still picks little pods off the rocks ALL DAY!!!! Most active wrasse I have ever had. Male blonde Naso tang, Lightning Maroon, powder brown tang, xmas wrasse, and bicolor blenny round out the last few fish still in their final qt stage. All are out of medicated tanks, and are in observation split into two separate tanks.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back