INT vs EXT Tank

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had an EXT tank in the past with no overflow issues. I was planning on an INT Tank this time around to avoid this potential disaster. It occurred to me that there MAY BE an EXT set up that works as well as an INT set up? As I can't find anything that supports this assumption, I turn to y'all for direction. If there IS something out there that fits the bill, it would increase my options. Thx.

OP
OP
PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to run CPR overflows. I presumed that EXT was exterior overflow and INT was Interior overflow. My CPRs DID take up a lot of room off the back of the tank, which was one of the issues I wanted to avoid. Did I get the nomenclature wrong? Kiiiiind of embarrassed if I did.

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you’re correct! I just thought INT vs EXT as in the case of innovative marine tanks. There INT models have a very small gap in there sections that I despise!!!!

Others like redsea or waterbox have a better layout. I just honestly like EXT over INT just for the simple fact that if I’m going over flow I’m going to want some powerheads on that back glass and ext makes that a little easier!

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the EXT and as long as you plumb it right, it’s great. Takes up zero room in the tank. I hated the box in the middle of my old tank. I have a buddy that has the INT and hates it. Says it basically makes using anything magnetic on the whole back wall useless. Taking up an extra 4 inches is the only downside to the ext.

OP
OP
PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. Sounds good. I just read some horror stories regarding CPR and the like and it got me (over)thinking. And that's dangerous for me!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back