Concentrations of additives

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Halostemanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure this information is available but I can’t find it. I’m looking to find out how much dKH my tank is using per day based on a stable Alk and set dosing.
I maintain my reef at 8.1 dKH by dosing 20mls of each core 7 other methods.
Is there a table available that gives the value for example 1ml of 3a in 100 Litres raises alk by X?
In fact are the values available for all 4 bottles so I could work out Ca & Mg too?

Thanks in advance.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never found this info and have read several threads on this subject.

Seems like a secret, but in the end I dont know that it matters.

Every system will be different, and even if theis factor is known
It would not be accurate for that system.

So stating 20ml will raise your Dkh in a 100g system by 1.0 in a labratory I doubt would honestly equate the same result in 30 tanks out in the real world.

Its just a puzzle that we must figure out.

In my tank 240 total water volume with my coral load I dose 26ml over 24 hours to stay at a 8.5 Dkh. For me the non specific person that I am, that works for me.

OP
OP
Halostemanic

Halostemanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree it’s a nice to know instead of a necessity but I am interested to know how much major trace elements my tank is consuming per day. Wouldn’t it interest you to know that your tank consumes 1, 2 or 3 dKh per day or 30ppm of calcium?

Quote (So stating 20ml will raise your Dkh in a 100g system by 1.0 in a labratory I doubt would honestly equate the same result in 30 tanks out in the real world.)
This is exactly the same for every tank irrespective of volume. The only variable is the uptake based on your corals, lighting, reefing method etc.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.
But if your/my tank drops a full DKH in a 24 hour period lets say, 8 to 7

Then you increase the ALK dosage by 5ml and it goes back up to 8 then you would know that 5ml of solution would be close to 1 DKH.

That's a big swing in a 24 hour time frame and just using it as an example.

Now as far as the trace elements go that's a whole different thing.

OP
OP
Halostemanic

Halostemanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for the concentrations so that I don’t have to Turn off the doser and allow my dKH to drop to find out.
Plus there are other factors that will affect dKH uptake. It can’t be that hard to find the values I’m looking for... surely.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back