concerned about seam

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ackk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ackk

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2025
Messages
20
Reaction score
11
Location
FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On day 15 running with water after being down for a few years and just noticed this in the seam. Should I be concerned?

IMG_0352[1].JPG
 
Was it there before? It appears you have a plastic trim on top.. any idea the brand of the tank? If it’s Red Sea I’d run but I’ve seen this a lot on aqueon tanks from the factory.. what size is it?
 
On day 15 running with water after being down for a few years and just noticed this in the seam. Should I be concerned?

IMG_0352[1].JPG
The smaller bubbles are very unusual… have you ever noticed them before? They look like mistakes during manufacturing…

The larger bubbles are more of a concern… have they suddenly appeared since you filled the tank?
 
I don’t know what those white dots are, is that air bubbles, is that what you think.

Based on the lower half which is solid and dark, could be some separation.

Was it that way when filled or did you just notice that?
 
Was it there before? It appears you have a plastic trim on top.. any idea the brand of the tank? If it’s Red Sea I’d run but I’ve seen this a lot on aqueon tanks from the factory.. what size is it?
I just looked at a photo the day I set it up when it was dry and it was there then too. This is an old boy. 58 gal Oceanic 36 x 18 x 21
 
I just looked at a photo the day I set it up when it was dry and it was there then too. This is an old boy. 58 gal Oceanic 36 x 18 x 21
If it was there before, and isn’t spreading at all; you can either do a reseal of the interior of that seam, or just leave it and make a mark to monitor for future bubble spread…
 
If it was there before, and isn’t spreading at all; you can either do a reseal of the interior of that seam, or just leave it and make a mark to monitor for future bubble spread…
I'll put a mark on it. If it gets worse I'll just replace. Its 25+ years old at this point. Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new