concerned about your trident testing results heres an option?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you may or may not know this, but it may help someone who does not.

history--Prior threads I posted about swing causes resulted in people telling me to-- add this, decrease that, stop doing W & X an start using Y & Z instead. manual test only, its trash throws it away I don’t like the trident, by a new one, my dog drinks tank water and so on and so on. HAHAHAHAHA. No one ever mention to me --- have you cleaned your trident..

my issue-- was an increased up and down roller coaster when trident tests came in. it concerned me, because I did not view these swings as stable. since I use trident-controlled dosing with a tight range, my confusion was increased when seeing these up and down swings.
1677765579294.png

1677764426085.png

so, one day I got the sample error, test a failed and the test b failed. never in that order or all at once. so, I removed the trident to do some line cleaning. I did notice that the water sample line to the cuvette was dark in color. so, I removed and cleaned the entire water sample line, wastewater line and the sample line to the cuvette by rolling them between my fingers, then rinse them out. They looked new so then I went to look at my cuvette AKA the testing chamber. I was shocked to find out how dirty it was.

333648170_5702472369862753_1899675755599086363_n.jpg

There are a few videos out there but not many. these videos clean the cuvette while it’s in place. I went a step further and removed the cuvette. before you remove it ----know this --TAKE NOTICE OF AND DONT LOSE THAT LITTLE / TINY WHITE PILL INSIDE THE CUVETTE. IF YOU LOSE IT. THE TRIDENT IS TRULY NOW DEAD IN THE WATER.

SO my step further was this ---the gray cuvette housing pops out. aka there is no screws. once popped free, disconnect the cuvettes fill tube that I mentioned earlier. gently wiggle and pull the cuvette out. GENTLY.... it’s not glued in place, but its snug and there are wires running behind it. once out, remove its black taped covered lid. then cleaning it is easier. then reinstal in reverse order simple. you can see in the pics below my swings / tesing results fell back inline just like a brand new one. the last pic is a before cleaning and after cleaning graph.. my tank has just about settled back down. to match my controled alk level ......hello stable... hope this helps someone
333266915_1174517156528835_7883351501217436925_n.jpg

1677765719065.png

1677764297298.png

Last edited:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully Neptune redesigns the cuvette for easy cleaning in the next version...
I never go through all that to clean the Cuvettes. All I do is pop off the cover and take the cap off and stick a Q-tip down in there from the top cleaning a few with a few swipes I put the cover back on.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never go through all that to clean the Cuvettes. All I do is pop off the cover and take the cap off and stick a Q-tip down in there from the top cleaning a few with a few swipes I put the cover back on.
That's still more effort than I'd like...

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but the little bit of effort that it takes you’d be amazed at how much better the readings are after it’s cleaned. I just cleaned mine last night and the Q-tip was black every 4 to 6 months take the five minutes literally and do this before you do a calibration and it would save you trouble and be more accurate and consistent

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

to each there own .some wear their seat belt, some do not. personal choice really. since doing a deep clean i've had to reduce my kalk dosing by ALOT and my stablity is more stable. hahahaha

Last edited:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but the little bit of effort that it takes you’d be amazed at how much better the readings are after it’s cleaned. I just cleaned mine last night and the Q-tip was black every 4 to 6 months take the five minutes literally and do this before you do a calibration and it would save you trouble and be more accurate and consistent
It's on my semi-annual calendar (just popped up today, actually).

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back