Conditioned fish sold at fish stores

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting tbh it may just be worth ordering from dr reef or something like that I do have a place close that qts fish but there through the roof in pricing
I've been super super happy with my QT fish from Dr. Reef. The downside is the wait to get the fish is longer than an lfs or other online vendors. It absolutely is worth the wait.

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I've been super super happy with my QT fish from Dr. Reef. The downside is the wait to get the fish is longer than an lfs or other online vendors. It absolutely is worth the wait.
So the fish I got are already qt and in stock I think I will be getting them next week

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a cluster of barnacles will he sleep in there you think?
It depends on if they are big enough, mine was on the smaller side and originally took up residence in a large hermit crab shell (1.25” opening) then ended up in a hole in a rock that was just big enough for him

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting tbh it may just be worth ordering from dr reef or something like that I do have a place close that qts fish but there through the roof in pricing
Dr. reef is where ive ordered from many times and WELL worth it imo. Buying from LFS is a crap shoot. Unless your good at QT and get the fish dirt cheap then Dr. Reef is a no brainer.

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Dr. reef is where ive ordered from many times and WELL worth it imo. Buying from LFS is a crap shoot. Unless your good at QT and get the fish dirt cheap then Dr. Reef is a no brainer.
Yeah my fish come next can’t wait

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order from bluezoo. They are a tad expensive but all their fish have come in great health to me and never had them introduce anything into my tank!

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I order from bluezoo. They are a tad expensive but all their fish have come in great health to me and never had them introduce anything into my tank!
I get my dr reef delivery this Wednesday so we will see how it goes kinda nervous just got this barnacle for the blenny if this doesn’t work then I’ll look into them

Attachments

• IMG_7498.jpeg
    IMG_7498.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
So my delivery came in so good and bad news.. clownfish is alive swiping back and forth in the tank I think a little stress out atm but looks happy the blenny unfortunately did not make it during acclimating just completely turned upside down and that was that
IMG_7542.jpeg

So I guess we will see how they handle the doa

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my delivery came in so good and bad news.. clownfish is alive swiping back and forth in the tank I think a little stress out atm but looks happy the blenny unfortunately did not make it during acclimating just completely turned upside down and that was that
IMG_7542.jpeg

So I guess we will see how they handle the doa
What was the acclimation process you used?

And that’s rough. Who did you end up ordering from?

Edit: from what I’ve seen dr reef makes good on it

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
What was the acclimation process you used?

And that’s rough. Who did you end up ordering from?
Used dr reef and I floated bags then the moment after floating bags for 30 mins I put into bucket once I put the fish into the bucket he turned upside down and that was it for the little guy the only shipped in styrofoam and that’s it no warming pads to keep it the box also came wet and the clownfish bag had no air

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back