Config Backup / upgrade / password recovery....

cnidus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gday.

So I've been running reef-pi on a robotank board for a bit over a year. Was thinking its time to do a software upgrade (running 3.4 right now)... but cant' login via ssh using pi / raspberry (default un/pass)... I must've set it to something else, but its been so long I cant remember.

I'd like to backup my config and do an upgrade.... I've got access to the Web-UI... but the rpi/robotank is setup headless. I can unmount it from the tank, go plug into a TV/KB if needed, but was hoping to avoid that.

What are my options?

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not well versed in this category but there is a really great thread on R2R you should check out and possibly chime in to with your questions! Also may have your answers on the thread already! Best of luck!

There is also a sub forum on R2R that could be a great place to seek answers!

OP
OP
cnidus

cnidus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was posted to the reef-pi sub forum already? So thought it was in the right place. I’ll try the master thread too, but thought that was getting polluted and hard to search

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any luck? Sorry I don't know a back way in. A silver lining once you get things sorted and update you can do a backup from UI.

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest method would probably be to take out the SD card, stick it in a computer, and overwrite the password stored on it.

There's one way to do it, even gives you a sample default password if you are lazy

Downside is that it will be a pain to do if you only have windows computers available

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back