Configuring LX7206 in Minutes with my Iphone no desktop software needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not believe how easy this was!! It was so easy I am going to do a video of the slave units being configured next as it took less then 3 minutes on my iphone to configure the Lx7206 to be used by the GHL App. I purchased 3 Lx 7206 for a upgrade to one of my existing tanks, the quality of the light is superb, and just the ease of connecting it to the GHL app, was very simple!! Configuring the lights through the app was also easy to do, and without any issues.

Step 1: Unbox and power up the the first LX 7206 unit. This one will become the Master Unit.

Step 2: Go into the Network Settings of the Iphone and Join the newly created wireless network that was created by the LX7206 Light. For me it was GHLLDEV-08D177

Step 3 - When you join the device it uses the Standard username: admin and the standard password for GHL devices. (Which you can change, after you get connected)
Join Wifi.PNG

Step 4: You will noticed the IP your assigned to and your default gateway. I also learned something, as I always wondered why in the GCC app when you add a device the default IP shows 192.168.4.1 I now know why :)
Your Ip Address the Light is the gateway.PNG

Step 5: Open up the GCC App and Add the LX7206 Light, which by default is 192.168.4.1 (The GCC app will take a minute to open as it app believes it still on your network, it will display a message that it will be in local mode.
Add the Light to the app Local.PNG

Once Saved Connect to the Device (Whoohooo that easy)

Connect to the Light and your on.PNG

But wait we have more :)

Step 6: Click on the Small Hamburger Icon in the upper Left hand corner and choose General
Click the Hamburger Icon in the Upper Right hand corner.PNG

Step 7: From the General Tab you can set the date and time, very simple click on the Local Time Button and the Local Date Button.
Set the Date and Time using the Local Button.PNG

Scroll down on this screen and set this light as the master (If your running multiple)
Scroll down set as master leavle the channel as 1.PNG

Click Save to Save your Settings

Step 7: Go Back to the Hamburger Icon in the upper left hand corner and choose Network
From here you can configure the Wireless Network you want your LX7206 to be part off. You can also change the mode of the 802.11 to b/g/n if you also have N wireless network.

Click on the Arrow next to Client.PNG

Click on the Small Arrow next to the Wifi Settings Client > which will display the wireless settings you will need to configure to have the Lx7206 join your home wireless network.

In this screen you set the SSID, and the WifiKey password of your home wireless network, and either use DHCP, which is on by by the default (Obtain IP Address Automatically will be turned on the slider will be blue) or you can set a static IP like I did below.
Set the Wireless.PNG

Click Apply(You will receive a warning), this is going to take about 60 seconds, you will be disconnected from the device and if your iphone is set to auto join your home network will rejoin your home network.

Step 8: Reopen the GHL App, and Put the new IP address that been assigned to your device.
New Ip.PNG

Connect to the Device

Step 9: Whoohoo It on my network and I reconnected, now we need to add it to MyGHL cloud Services. Click back on Hamburger Icon in the upper left hand corner and choose System
Scroll down and click add this GHL-device to myGHL. (If you do not have a MyGhl account, first go sign up for one before clicking the button) (Device must also be connected to a wireless network that has access to the Internet to use the GHL Cloud services)
Add to the cloud.PNG

Click Save and a few seconds later the device is now part of the GHL Cloud service, allowing you to configure your Lx7206 from anywhere you have access to the internet :)

Step 10: Create your Schedule by clicking on the Hamburger Icon in the upper left hand corner and choose illumination and then choose Multi-Channel feature and program your schedule.
Multi-channel.PNG Multi-channel2.PNG

Click Save your settings and your done.

It took me longer to write this then it did to actually configure the device :)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One small step for man. . . One giant leap for GHL products!

Nice job @Ditto! It just keeps getting better and better! GHL has really stepped their game up this past year and I don't see them slowing down. The ui is clean, simple, intuitive and the hardware is rock solid, reliable and looks good! Can't wait to see what 2019 has in store!

Let us all know how you like the lights and how they perform! Looking forward to it!

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWIII - Thank's I will for sure let everyone know how they are. It was the easiest configuration I have done for LED lights. The other two were set to slave with a channel # each one unique and I was done. The three lights are now in Sync. Working on my final light schedule before mounting them.

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Promised the Youtube Video showing how easy it is to configure the LX 7206 light to your home WiFi network and configure the lights within the GCC app.

Last edited:

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I regret to say that this doesn't work for me.
I acquired two used LX7206 and I have managed to get them set up through GCC as Master and Slave on my own wireless network but cant get it to set up the Hotspot, When I go into my iphone settings the Mitras LX 7 network does not show.

I have already have my Profilux using one a GHL network for my P$ Hotspot which works OK

Could that be the reason why the Mitras one is not showing

thanks

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you do what inside this Video? (Around the 10 Minute Mark on setting up the Hot Spot)

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes done all that and now saying incorrect password when I try to use it . Supposedly so simple but never seems to work that easily

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I regret to say that this doesn't work for me.
I acquired two used LX7206 and I have managed to get them set up through GCC as Master and Slave on my own wireless network but cant get it to set up the Hotspot, When I go into my iphone settings the Mitras LX 7 network does not show.

I have already have my Profilux using one a GHL network for my P$ Hotspot which works OK

Could that be the reason why the Mitras one is not showing

thanks

If you have them set up on your local network you should be able to connect to them on that network and not use the hotspot. I have never used the hotspot after getting the lights on my local network. I connect as a local device if at home using GHL Control Center or phone app if not on my network I use MyGHL.

The hotspot could be turned off or the SSID hidden.

1657104124150.png

1657104039899.png

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All sorted I think. Forgot to change the encryption from open to WPA WPA2 PSK.

Just one more thing I cant get sorted is the Wifi update Updated Firmware OK but Wifi module having problems
If you have them set up on your local network you should be able to connect to them on that network and not use the hotspot. I have never used the hotspot after getting the lights on my local network. I connect as a local device if at home using GHL Control Center or phone app if not on my network I use MyGHL.

The hotspot could be turned off or the SSID hidden.

1657104124150.png

1657104039899.png
Thanks very much for the suggestions. I have now got both the Mitras Local Network and Hotspot working. Like you say I will use the Local Network when at home but I feel having the Hotspot as well is worthwhile in case the network goes down. I have the same on my P4 and of course, do still have myGHL as well

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So having solved the initial connections and updating the Mitras Firmware I have tried(foolishly it seems ) to update the WiFi Module firmware and now I can't connect to either Mitras not even on my wireless network, GCC, Connect App etc. I have tried everything even factory reset and watched numerous GHL Videos all with no success.

Anyone any suggestions please

Thanks

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you do it with this Tool and Blank the Chip:

or the Emergency Update tool also:

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you do it with this Tool and Blank the Chip:

or the Emergency Update tool also:
Hi and thanks for following up on this for me.

I have tried them both - in the case of the WiFi module update I cant even get the web interface to load despite the fact it was working fine prior to trying to update the WiFI Module.

With the Emergency Update tool I haven't got the USBVCOM driver showing in the Device Manager despite the fact that it says it is installed.

So at the moment I cant access the Mitras anyway at all. Not through GCC, Connect App, Hotspot etc etc

I have tried everything without success - I wish I hadn't tried to update the WiFi Module because prior to that everything was working OK.

All this is despite the fact that the WiFi Module firmware update reported that it had installed successfully and it was only when I tried to refresh the page as per the instructions that it went wrong and didn't load the page again.

Thanks
Derek

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Derek,

Please open a support ticket so we can help you with this.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 113 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back