OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how they look an hour later. Seems like they do it when my moon light comes on and then settles down after an hour or two
20200612_221628.jpg

20200612_221619.jpg

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is how they look an hour later. Seems like they do it when my moon light comes on and then settles down after an hour or two
20200612_221628.jpg

20200612_221619.jpg
Maybe try not feeding them? See if that stops them from opening their mouths, it could be them trying to eject the food that couldn’t be digested or food that they’re rejecting. I don’t ever feed my nems, so it’s really not as necessary to feed as many think.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I wouldn’t feed the anemones anymore until they are healthy. If you feed frozen foods to the fish, they normally get anything they can catch in the water column. I also wouldn’t feed the fish so much if the species don’t require it. I only feed my fish once every couple of days.

If deflation starts happening while the mouth inverts like that then you should treat all the carpets and magnifica in separate quarantines if possible.

Your tank is still catching up with bacteria. You added a deep sand bed and alll these anemones that have big bioloads all in May. That’s a drastic change that your previously stable tank was not prepared for. Keep up with maintenance and high water quality.

OP
OP
sprungson

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never feed my anemones. So the rbta split last night (woke up with 2) and the rest all look back to normal. Doing a 15% water change today and will change feeding from twice a day to once a day. Will keep you all posted.

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never feed my anemones. So the rbta split last night (woke up with 2) and the rest all look back to normal. Doing a 15% water change today and will change feeding from twice a day to once a day. Will keep you all posted.

I do feed mine, but not directly. The triggers and eels are so messy that the anemones get plenty!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back