Confirm haddoni pls

  • Thread starter Thread starter sprungson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Here is how they look an hour later. Seems like they do it when my moon light comes on and then settles down after an hour or two
20200612_221628.jpg

20200612_221619.jpg
 
Here is how they look an hour later. Seems like they do it when my moon light comes on and then settles down after an hour or two
20200612_221628.jpg

20200612_221619.jpg
Maybe try not feeding them? See if that stops them from opening their mouths, it could be them trying to eject the food that couldn’t be digested or food that they’re rejecting. I don’t ever feed my nems, so it’s really not as necessary to feed as many think.
 
I agree. I wouldn’t feed the anemones anymore until they are healthy. If you feed frozen foods to the fish, they normally get anything they can catch in the water column. I also wouldn’t feed the fish so much if the species don’t require it. I only feed my fish once every couple of days.

If deflation starts happening while the mouth inverts like that then you should treat all the carpets and magnifica in separate quarantines if possible.

Your tank is still catching up with bacteria. You added a deep sand bed and alll these anemones that have big bioloads all in May. That’s a drastic change that your previously stable tank was not prepared for. Keep up with maintenance and high water quality.
 
I never feed my anemones. So the rbta split last night (woke up with 2) and the rest all look back to normal. Doing a 15% water change today and will change feeding from twice a day to once a day. Will keep you all posted.
 
I never feed my anemones. So the rbta split last night (woke up with 2) and the rest all look back to normal. Doing a 15% water change today and will change feeding from twice a day to once a day. Will keep you all posted.

I do feed mine, but not directly. The triggers and eels are so messy that the anemones get plenty!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new