Confused as to why I am getting a pH notification error

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G'day!

I know I am not seeing it but I am out of options on what to change on the pH settings. Why is the system giving me such error?

Please see attached pics.

Thank you for your assistance.

Rob

Capture 2 ph notification.PNG Capture KHD probe readings.PNG Capture3 sensors read out.PNG

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you in advanced mode? What´s the settings of nominal value in the pH1 settings. Is alarm activated ? In my example I use pH 2. If you see the parameters below - you are in advanced mode

1652768957078.png

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rob3D2018

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Lasse!

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am in advanced mode. I've attached a pic of my settings. I just don't have a full understanding as to why it is giving me an error. Appreciate your help,

Respectfully, Rob

Attachments

• Capture pH probe.PNG
    Capture pH probe.PNG
    57.6 KB · Views: 35

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These settings should not activate an alarm as I see it. But test with deactivate the alarm function as a first step.Second test if the alarm disappear - activate the alarm but use ± 1 instead of ±0.5

I can also see that you have 2 active alarms - what is the other alarm? click on the red alarm clock up to the left and take a screen clip of it and show it here. Can you also publish a screen shot of your pH graph the last days. Check also the BNC connection into your P4.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Rob3D2018

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I turn off the "activate alarm" mode, the alert goes away. Following your suggestion...reactivating the alarm option and increase the value to 1, the alert returns.

the other active alarm is the dkh. I've readjusted the range for that parameter as I just got the unit. everything is good there...

see attached pic for the ph graph

Capture ph chart.PNG

OP
OP
Rob3D2018

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the hysteresis and max deviation values "connected" to trigger the alarm? I've managed to change these values and make the alarm go away. Can you explain what these actually do?

I want to have my minimum ph alarm to a pH of 7.8 with a max of 8.4. Nomimal pH will be at 8.2

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you change your nominal value to your actual value as it is just at the moment - what´s happens? In post 3 - you had unsaved changes Red circle.

How are the hysteresis and max deviation values "connected" to trigger the alarm? I've managed to change these values and make the alarm go away. Can you explain what these actually do?

Nominal value is the value you want that your system should achieve - hysteresis is when the controller should activate or deactivate. Your settings with 8.2 as nominal value and hysteresis at 0.05 means that if you use the pH controller to control downwards (decrease) as an example - the CO2 valve for a calcium reactor - it will open at 8.225 and shout off at 8.175, The hysteresis should not haven anything with the alarm to do but your nominal value is important because it is this value where the alarm should act on together with the max ± deviation. In this case - your alarm should start at 8.7 and 7.7 (8.2 ± 0.5)

Please can you describe at which how you did (and which figures) when you the alarm got away?

1652800975079.png

Have you any socket that is controlled by pH1?.

I want to have my minimum ph alarm to a pH of 7.8 with a max of 8.4. Nomimal pH will be at 8.2

I´m sorry - there is an limitation in the deviation - it is 0.5 There is a possibility to achieve what you want but in that case you need to create a virtual probe

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Rob3D2018

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture was taken before I saved the changes.

When I change the nominal value to the current pH value, the alarm returns. The pic below is what I currently have it set to and at these settings, the alarm goes away. Please disregard the alarm icon. That is the dkh alarm. I have that taken care of.

Capture no ph alarms..PNG

Reading your reply about hysteresis... so this value is used to "control" a device such as a co2 reactor. The smoke is starting to clear as I understood this value to be the one to give me the pH alert range I seek (min pH 7.8 to a max of 8.4).

Can that hysteresis value be used to control a dosing pump? Basically "anything"?

As to how I made the pH alarm go away, I changed the max deviation under the alarm section to 1.30
If I have a nominal value of 8.2 with a deviation of +/- 1.30, my alarm range should be 6.9 to 9.5 as an example. Realistically, that is what I have it set to if you look at the picture above.

ph1 is not controlling any sockets (power sockets?) at the moment. Is there a way to turn it off if I am not activating anything, or should I leave it alone?

All I want is the system to tell me when my pH is out of range. This range will be the one I've mentioned above (min pH of 7.8 to a max of 8.4. Seems like I have to create a virtual probe according to your reply.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before we start with fine tuning your - we have to sort out wats happens here - this is not normal at all. With your original settings and actual pH around 7.8 you should not have any alarms with nominal value 8.20, hysteresis of 0.05 and max deviation of 0.5. See my examples here - my P4

1652810651645.png

Change my nominal to 7.8 (deviation of 0.44) still no larm

1652810948694.png

Change nominal value to 7.71 - alarm. No interesting - if I change hysteresis to 0.1 - alarm disappear. Hysteresis seems to affect alarm levels

1652811120670.png

There is something not normal taken place with your computer.

2 suggestions - please take a screenshot of the lower part of the configuration page - like this

1652811604104.png

The other suggestion is to power cycle the computer with the figures Nominal value 8.2, hysteresis 0.05 and max deviation of 0.5 and see whats happen. Power cycle - plugg it out from the wall - wait 15 sec power on again - We call it Norwegian reset in Sweden:):)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Rob3D2018

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done what you've asked...left the P4 off for one minute and plugged it back in

Here is the bottom of the pH page per your request:
Capture bottom of ph settings for Lasse.PNG

Here is the dashboard after the power cycle. The icon is giving the pH alarm.

Captureafter power cycle.PNG

I am thankful for your help on this.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA Will you read through this - it does not seems to be a normal response from the alarm system. Maybe time for a ticket

@Rob3D2018 Just switch of the alarm for the moment - I´ll hope Vinny can help you - as I see - this is not a normal fault. i can´t see any fault caused by you in this case.

By the way - which FW do you run

1652817066400.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Rob3D2018

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lasse for all your help.

Current FW is 7.28 and WiFi FW is 7134

Interesting to find your screen is slightly different than mine. I do not see the security key option....

Capture system fw.PNG

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the controller head unit itself display this same pH alarm or does it show only when you connect this way (web interface)?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is still an issue, please create a support ticket and provide the screenshots showing your current pH settings and alarm notification.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back